Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 01:10 PM

264 posts, read 772,706 times

Advertisements

I'd rather work hard invest in my future and enjoy it than half ass, complain about those who have more and do nothing with their mediocre life. It's all about perspective and unfortunately someone is always going to feel like an underdog when in reality the truth is they are underachievers.

With that said, my opinion, I have nothing against those who choose not to hold themselves to a higher achievement standard, but no need to criticize those who do. It's possible to appreciate both the finer things in life as well as the simple things, but if you don't have the drive to take advantage of the opportunity to do so, then I guess a life of blissful ignorance and criticism would be suitable.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:31 PM

984 posts, read 4,301,185 times
No, please don't take offense on that, I understand what you're on about; the thing, at least in my opinion, is with the people that fake that they have money (when they have middle-low to low income) by leasing some bottom end imported car, or buying expensive clothes when they can't afford, amongst other things; mainly to show off and get gold digger women.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:49 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,757,501 times
I think it is because Miami is a metropolitan city. There are a huge influx of people of other countries coming here either for vacation or to live. As somebody who grew up partially in Asia and Europe, it is true that europeans and asians are ostentatious. They brought that culture here, which affects the overall culture.
This superficiality is actually a double-edge sword for me especially after I moved to Philadelphia. At one side, I am glad that people here care less about these things. I can technically dress up like a bump and nobody cares. My car has been unwaxed for 2 years. BUt on the other side, I feel less motivated to try my best to present myself. I start dressing like a slob, miss days in my workout schedule, etc. And apparently, I am popular here as they think I am good looking, while when I was in Miami, I was technically zero out of ten.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:27 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,917,910 times
You wouldn't want to come to Miami and see people using row boats, it is yachts or super outboard(twin) motor boats.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,686,534 times
When I had a boat it was 35 feet of pure junk. I had more fun than the "rich" out on their yachts. We would fire up the BBQ and smoke 'em out. No expensive gas, no worries about anything. Even got hit by a pontoon boat full of drunk college guys and had hardly a scratch. One more funny thing, when I drive around in one of my restored classic cars I seem to get way more attention than any of the luxury or sports cars. While probably better off than most financially, I prefer to cut expenses and have cheaper fun because you know your friends are true, not out for money.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:28 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,801,792 times
^^^ Tallrick, what kind of classic cars do you own?

Old 04-18-2013, 07:08 PM

264 posts, read 772,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
When I had a boat it was 35 feet of pure junk. I had more fun than the "rich" out on their yachts. We would fire up the BBQ and smoke 'em out. No expensive gas, no worries about anything. Even got hit by a pontoon boat full of drunk college guys and had hardly a scratch. One more funny thing, when I drive around in one of my restored classic cars I seem to get way more attention than any of the luxury or sports cars. While probably better off than most financially, I prefer to cut expenses and have cheaper fun because you know your friends are true, not out for money.
That's your preference. So people who have money are only liked because they have money?

Again, the difference. People who have yachts, etc, can enjoy something like that little boat of yours any day.

I don't think they're going around concerned with people who enjoy the "simple" life, why be so concerned and presumptive of them? And call them rude, superficial, arrogant, belittling, etc.

Lol, some people just like to put themselves down and point fingers for their "misfortune". Whether you want to call it that or not.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
^^^ Tallrick, what kind of classic cars do you own?
1969-1970 dodge chargers, coronet super bee, 1970 chrysler New Yorker

Old 04-18-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
That's your preference. So people who have money are only liked because they have money?

Again, the difference. People who have yachts, etc, can enjoy something like that little boat of yours any day.

I don't think they're going around concerned with people who enjoy the "simple" life, why be so concerned and presumptive of them? And call them rude, superficial, arrogant, belittling, etc.

Lol, some people just like to put themselves down and point fingers for their "misfortune". Whether you want to call it that or not.
Well even I am looking for more gold scrap as an investment, maybe that makes me one of those greedy showoffs too?

Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,801,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
1969-1970 dodge chargers, coronet super bee, 1970 chrysler New Yorker
Cool, your a Mopar guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami