Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 06:03 AM

4 posts, read 6,680 times

Advertisements

hi im going to move to south flordia in couple months i need advice
im thinking maybe kendall florida ?? can someone tell me a little bit about some neighborhoods in south florida thank you
and how is kendall like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 10:49 PM

thank you for the views but still nothing

Old 06-15-2012, 11:28 AM

328 posts, read 1,396,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somkom View Post
thank you for the views but still nothing
Hi Somkom,

You should post this in the Fort Lauderdale Sub-Forum of Florida as well as the Miami Sub-Forum. Since you are looking to move to Kendall, which is part of Miami-Dade County, you should probably post there first.

I lived in Fort Lauderdale for two years before returning to Chicago. I didn't live in Kendall or ever go there, so I don't have any opinions.

If you could provide in your next thread some more information about why you are looking to move (new job, weather, location), members could help guide you. The more details the better.

As an FYI, the cost of living is a bit less than Chicago in some respects (taxes, food, gas) but a lot higher in other respects (home/renters insurance, car insurance, toll roads). I hope you have a job locked down there when you move, or interviews setup.

Hope that helps you! Good luck in your move to Miami.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:39 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
To talk about other neighborhoods need a price range, what type of home you are looking for, where you work, and what.ntype of neighborhood you want.

Kendall is large, it has some pretty decent areas and not that great, nothing dangerous or anything like that. It is a suburb a but away from the city especially with traffic.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:32 AM

8 posts, read 23,467 times
Thank you for your post guys there is a lot violence in Chicago food ext expensive lots of traffic lol I'm just sick of this gray chicago I want to experience something new want to meet new people culture the only reason I'm moving to florida is because I want to meet a Colombian woman which I'm in love with you may think im crazy but that's the only reason I'm moving away from chicago I guess love is powerful !!! I just love to travel I lived in poland for 12yrs and chicagoo for 12 I think its tome to move to florida I'm 24yrs old

Old 06-16-2012, 02:59 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
Colombian women...hummmm... then relocate to the Hammocks - Kendall West - Kendale Lakes area. Join a gym, enroll to school or be part of a church... or whatever it is that's going to give you socializing opportunities. Try to stay west of the Turnpike.

People are going to tell you that you are going to meet Colombians everywhere and blablablah... but that's not true. Most of them dwell around the western areas... then the rest of Miami is Cuban and Black. You find Cubans in WK too ( a lot) but the area feels more South American if anything.

Even if the statistics and demographic numbers tells you otherwise, the areas that I mention feel VERY COLOMBIAN... it feels so colombian that you'll be knowledgeable on all the different Colombian looks, cusines, accents, cultures and lingos in just a matter of years. You can't obtain this knowledge by living elsewhere in Miami.

But to be honest, it felt more colombian 10 years ago.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:05 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hieronimpl View Post
Thank you for your post guys there is a lot violence in Chicago food ext expensive lots of traffic lol I'm just sick of this gray chicago I want to experience something new want to meet new people culture the only reason I'm moving to florida is because I want to meet a Colombian woman which I'm in love with you may think im crazy but that's the only reason I'm moving away from chicago I guess love is powerful !!! I just love to travel I lived in poland for 12yrs and chicagoo for 12 I think its tome to move to florida I'm 24yrs old

So, it seems, when you were 12 years old you came with your parents from Poland to Chicago (which, I understand, has a huge Polish neighborhood, many of whom overstay their initial visas), you've been there for 12 years, and now it sounds like you've fallen in love, possibly for the first time, with a girl of Colombian origin whom you've apparently communicated with via internet and have never met personally and who lives in Kendall of Miami-Dade County. It also sounds like you have no job.

Why don't you just come for a visit first?

Kendall is a non-incorporated part of Miami-Dade County, located to the southeast of the City of Miami. There are no official borders for the neighborhood known as Kendall, but do a forum search for threads that try to define it. In short, however, you could call it sort of a suburb of the City of Miami, but, in terms of streets, avenues and highways, there is no real separation, and that goes for all of southern Florida from southern Miami-Dade County all the way up to Palm Beach County, it's one big almost monotonous network of streets, avenues, highways, malls, strip malls and shopping centers, single-family homes, townhouses and condos.

The main draw for those from the north is that Miami and southern Florida offer warm temperatures year round (for those from further south, the main draw is that it is a gateway to the US), but with heavy humidity 6-9 months of the year.

The rest is about the same as anywhere else in the US, and Kendall is relatively far from the beach. If you live in Kendall and work in the City of Miami or anywhere else eastward closer to the coast, you will find that traffic is just as bad as in any other densely populated area, in part because the road infrastructure leading in and out of Kendall is not adequate, and on top of that local authorities have recently imposed tolls on many roads and there is no public transport to speak of, maybe some buses.

Do you have independent wealth or globally competitive skills that do not depend on the local economy or have a unique set of skills that are gainfully marketable in the Miami economy and job market?

Again, why don't you just come for a visit first? In any case, relationships can be fickle. Probably better to fall in love with a girl from Chicago or perhaps Poland whose economy, I understand, is doing relatively well right now.

Good Luck!

Last edited by bale002; 06-16-2012 at 03:21 AM..

Old 06-17-2012, 01:08 AM

i actually had a Colombian girlfriend in Chicago but she moved back to Colombia
and i can speak Spanish, Polish and English fluently i have a very well paying job so i wont have to work for a while when i move out there but money for me doesnt have a value it comes and goes i have my own apartment which i'm selling next month i might buy a apartment or a house in south Florida and me finding a job wont be hard thank you for the comments

Old 06-19-2012, 08:50 PM

18 posts, read 37,181 times
Come visit first, unless you got alot if money your chances are you will have a hard time in miami. It m
has a few pros, and much more cons. Hey visit first, and don't get caught up in the over hyped miami you see. Note. The grass is not greener on the other side. Good luck.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 PM

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami