U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2007, 10:22 AM

11 posts, read 63,972 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

My partner and I are going to Key West next week and was hoping to find some suggestions as to what to do while there.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 10:39 AM

6,881 posts, read 18,904,261 times
Rent scooters or bikes from Moped Hospital on Truman. Explore the island! You can't possibly get lost, because you always end up doing a circle before you even realize it.

The best time to cruise around the island is early, early, early. It's quiet and peaceful and cool outside.

Eat breakfast at Blue Heaven, Pepe's, and Camille's.

One early morning, walk to 5 Brothers and get a Cuban coffee.

Go to the sunset celebration at Mallory Square!

Order blackened grouper sandwiches from Damn Good Food To Go and eat it at Nancy's Secret Garden.

Take a day and go on the Yankee Freedom to Dry Tortugas. You will never forget it!

Order a cuban sandwich from Sandy's.

Eat at least one piece of Key Lime Pie at Blonde Giraffe.

Buy some art from the Key West Artist Co-Op.

Visit the Mel Fisher Museum, it is really neat.

Find a hammock and a good book.

Stay away from anything having to do with "the Duval Crawl" toward lower Duval. Ugh. Upper Duval is great, with galleries and shops.

Go to Henrietta's in Bahama Village and pick up some coconut sticks to take home. OMG!

Go to Smathers Beach in the middle of the night and count stars.

Visit the cemetery. It's really pretty neat.

You can do other touristy things like the Hemingway House, The "Little White House" tour of Truman's home, the Seaport Museum, Aquarium, and Customs House which is gorgeous...but most importantly...

RELAX when you are there!

Have a blast!!

Old 09-27-2007, 10:44 AM

2,143 posts, read 7,460,469 times
Take the Conch Train tour. Touristy, but a good overview.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:45 AM

11 posts, read 63,972 times
Thanks so much for the information!

My partner and I have never been on a vacation together, so this will be a blast!

We have specifically not planned any activities and are going to do what we please!

Old 09-27-2007, 10:49 AM

60 posts, read 411,701 times
I was just in Key West last month... if you want an unforgettable experience, go parasailing! I had always wanted to do it and took the plunge. If you go for it, do it with Sunset Watersports... they were extremely professional and very nice. Make sure you reserve in advance because they book up fast! I did the 9 a.m. (first outing) as I wanted to make sure the the crew was fresh and the equipment was dry! LOL Don't forget to get the pictures and video that they take of you... it was worth it just for the laughs and memories! Mom2's list is EXCELLENT... print it out and do it! Its a great KW primer. The only difference from her list is I would recommend Pirate's scooters. They come and pick you up at your hotel and they were totally cool and very nice... also had the best price on the island. Go to their website... they have a coupon that you can print out. OH... I have one thing to ad.. you HAVE to do Sunday Brunch at the Westin... totally luxurious and delicious! Its totally relaxed... so you can go in shorts and sandals and enjoy the incredible gourmet spread! HAVE FUN!

Old 09-27-2007, 11:57 AM

2,143 posts, read 7,460,469 times
Go to the Hemingway House-it's cool. While you are in Key West, read sdome Hemingway, like To Have and Have Not.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:05 AM

4 posts, read 14,135 times
I like La Te Da for breakfast also. I've been 3x's and still am finding really cool stuff to do! Enjoy!

Old 09-28-2007, 04:16 PM

326 posts, read 401,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Rent scooters or bikes from Moped Hospital on Truman. Explore the island! You can't possibly get lost, because you always end up doing a circle before you even realize it.

The best time to cruise around the island is early, early, early. It's quiet and peaceful and cool outside.

Eat breakfast at Blue Heaven, Pepe's, and Camille's.

One early morning, walk to 5 Brothers and get a Cuban coffee.

Go to the sunset celebration at Mallory Square!

Order blackened grouper sandwiches from Damn Good Food To Go and eat it at Nancy's Secret Garden.

Take a day and go on the Yankee Freedom to Dry Tortugas. You will never forget it!

Order a cuban sandwich from Sandy's.

Eat at least one piece of Key Lime Pie at Blonde Giraffe.

Buy some art from the Key West Artist Co-Op.

Visit the Mel Fisher Museum, it is really neat.

Find a hammock and a good book.

Stay away from anything having to do with "the Duval Crawl" toward lower Duval. Ugh. Upper Duval is great, with galleries and shops.

Go to Henrietta's in Bahama Village and pick up some coconut sticks to take home. OMG!

Go to Smathers Beach in the middle of the night and count stars.

Visit the cemetery. It's really pretty neat.

You can do other touristy things like the Hemingway House, The "Little White House" tour of Truman's home, the Seaport Museum, Aquarium, and Customs House which is gorgeous...but most importantly...

RELAX when you are there!

Have a blast!!
you can also go to higg's beach. by the way, has anyone ever ate at the upper crust restaurant on duval street?

Old 09-28-2007, 05:13 PM

6,881 posts, read 18,904,261 times
I almost forgot about Ft. Zach! It's a really nifty part of U.S. history. I got married on the beach there in 2002 at sunset. It was quite beautiful.

Ft. Zachary Taylor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami