U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 08:51 AM

313 posts, read 630,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnInspired View Post
Check out Shorecrest. It's a great location. EZ access to 95, the beach, downtown/Brickell, walking distance to the Bay. It's east of Biscayne just South of Miami Shores. You shd be able to get a 3/2 w/ a decent yard for $250k. It's an older neighborhood (by Miami standards, approx 1939-1941) so the BRs are decently sized. Cool architecture. Young professionals moving in. It's not far from not great neighborhoods (but you can say that just about anywhere in Miami) but it is also close to uber cool homes on the water and $$$ homes in Miami Shores. And you won't find a SF home closer to downtown/Brickell for less.

That said, it's east of Biscayne so it's in a flood zone and homeowners insurance, including flood, is $$$$$$ (approx $6k / yr.).

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions related to the 'hood.
I agree with you however these areas are surrounded by low income high crime areas. I live in Biscayne Park which a great little Village that sits between Miami Shores (a great village as well) and North Miami (a big ghetto).

Shorecrest sits between Miami Shores to the north and a low income high crime area to the south and west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 04:46 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,068,691 times
You occasionally see small houses going for under $250K in the Roads and off Coral Way, also between 27th ave. and US1. For some reason, townhouses around here are usually far out and in gated communities, so most of them are not in "young professional" neighbourhoods.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:45 PM

15,459 posts, read 13,448,264 times
Do not forget that a $250k house is just not a $250k house, you have to add the outstanding tax and insurance rates. Those will add hundreds of dollars a month to the house payment.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:18 PM

42 posts, read 77,172 times
and HOA dues!!!

Old 07-10-2012, 11:33 AM

513 posts, read 804,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrudaluknglass View Post
Is it possible to buy a decent ( 2+ bedroom, bath) house between 100k-250k in Miami, in a decent neighborhood (middle class) with young professionals? I have been browsing several real estate sites like trulia and zillow, but when i put the criteria, the results are a little pitiful. Where I am from a 250k house will get you 4+ bd/bth and even a decent yard, but 250k houses that yield from my search results looked like a straight up shody shack. I'm confused! Please shed some insight, and possibly recommend some good realtors.

TS, how are things in Nebreska or Indiana. No, to a house. 250K wil buy you a condo off the beach in Miami. Wayne avenue. If you want a house with a yard, try Ft Lauderdale. If you try to buy a 100K-200K house in Miami you will be surronded by hispance gangs. And be the witness to multi family barbeques complete with Latino rap music blaring at all hours of the night.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:19 AM

61 posts, read 128,349 times
There are homes available in decent neighborhoods for $250k or less. $250k should buy a decent house in a good middle class neighborhood. Coral Gables, (as mentioned previously) is one of the most expensive areas in the county. And, there have been sales for $250k or less within the last 6 months. So, don't be discouraged, there are properties out there within your price range.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:41 AM

6,985 posts, read 15,460,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrudaluknglass View Post
thank you all, youve helped me, but made me feel slightly retarded
Don't feel retarded, its that nice Floridian disposition you are experiencing. You plan to move here you better get some thick skin lol

P.S.

Pricing are falling, I wouldn't by crap just yet. Even rents are falling. We just looked at a 2 bdrm place in Brickell, that was HUGE, over looking the bay for 1600 a month. That would not have been possible a year or two ago. My point is, patience. If you are not already living here, come, live, rent, find out what you like THEN buy, but I would NOT buy now. I know you may read some articles that state sales are up in Florida, but its all non sense to try to spur on a dying industry. Read this link. Realtors were double counting sales for YEARS. I posted another article talking about it but I can't find that post right now. it basically showed that some times sales were being counted four or five times over. Price is still to darn high, it is what it is. Prices out strip incomes in south florida. Patience and educate yourself on the situation and I am sure you will find something to your liking when the time comes.

best of luck

Old 07-22-2012, 09:19 AM

3,849 posts, read 7,868,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
We just looked at a 2 bdrm place in Brickell, that was HUGE, over looking the bay for 1600 a month.
Can I ask in what building that is? That's really low.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:37 AM

6,985 posts, read 15,460,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Can I ask in what building that is? That's really low.
It was on 14th across the street from the Jade. I don't remember the building name. When I saw across it was diagonal from the Jade. Not sure if that helps you understand where it is.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:17 PM

3,849 posts, read 7,868,409 times
Brickell Bay Towers or the red house shaped one?

It at least gives a general idea, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or