U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 02:48 PM

28 posts, read 34,338 times

Advertisements

I am not saying ** ALL ** immigrants. I am saying 85% of them. I've met and know 1st and 2nd Gen Immigrants from Cuba to Brasil that are the best people I've ever met.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 02:56 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,732,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
As sure as I can. What other florida city is even remarkable? Tampa? Jax? Orlando (minus the mouse)? Pensacola? lol at least latins made one corner a thriving, international city
Miami's hardly a "thriving" city if there's such a wide income inequality gap. But what is with this emphasis on "international city"? It's like almost the same argument to send our jobs overseas in the name of "globalization." Have you not seen the areas of Opa-Locka, Liberty City, and Hialeah? You think that's thriving?

Old 07-07-2012, 03:09 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,065,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Miami's hardly a "thriving" city if there's such a wide income inequality gap. But what is with this emphasis on "international city"? It's like almost the same argument to send our jobs overseas in the name of "globalization." Have you not seen the areas of Opa-Locka, Liberty City, and Hialeah? You think that's thriving?
Miami is a thriving city, have you seen all those cars in sobe? There is plenty of money to be made in MIA, just because there is poverty as well doesn't mean anything.

So what about opa-locka, liberty city? They're your typical poor areas and every city has them. NYC has the bronx. Chicago has englewood. What's your point? What other florida city is more thriving than MIA? Tampa? lol if you guys don't like MIA you can always seek out tampa and enjoy

Old 07-07-2012, 03:18 PM

419 posts, read 824,312 times
Quote:
whites can consider us trashy and we consider you wonderbread. Boring, tasteless like most of your cities.

Like I said, if whites don't like it, go north.
You do realize I am hispanic as well, not cuban or mexican but spanish decent

You do realize Miami is in America, so they should respect American turf or head back on their boats back home.

That's the biggest problem with Miami is that most of the latinos have no class and no respect for America/Americans! I respect diverse culture,

but as long as you are foreign born and from a different country, you SHOULD respect America and American culture, and live appropriately or go back on your boat.

If Miami took care of the city the way SF does like the other person said it would be SF in MIA beach. America = Class. America ran buy immigrants who don't care = Trash

Their should be zero tolerance for violence, drugs , etc if Miami stepped it up and became more strict, and threw the right people in jail, and deported the right people

It not only would be a better more desirable place, but it would be one of the best places and most respected places in the world.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:20 PM

104 posts, read 193,058 times
Quote:
I don't care too much about your specific story to be honest.
Where did I tell you a story? Telling a story implies I shared something anecdotal, which I didn't.

I didn't care much for the specific story you did share, either. You can't see it, but I am playing the World's smallest violin in your honor.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:24 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,732,578 times
Quote:
Miami is a thriving city, have you seen all those cars in sobe? There is plenty of money to be made in MIA, just because there is poverty as well doesn't mean anything.

So what about opa-locka, liberty city? They're your typical poor areas and every city has them. NYC has the bronx. Chicago has englewood. What's your point? What other florida city is more thriving than MIA? Tampa? lol if you guys don't like MIA you can always seek out tampa and enjoy
A city isn't "truly" prospering if the majority of the money is going to the rich while the middle and the lower class people are suffering. This is partly why the Occupy movement started last year. Not to mention, many people from the Miami area have moved to Central and Northern Florida for better opportunities. This is proven by the fact that Miami-Dade has had more people moving out than in since the 1970s. So the county has only grown due to natural increase and immigration. http://www.miamidade.gov/planzone/Li...j2006-2030.pdf So, yes other cities in Florida are thriving more than Miami.

This poll shows that Miami was the worst rated city in Florida in terms of likability. Florida voters like St. Aug best, Miami worst - Public Policy Polling

Old 07-07-2012, 03:25 PM

4,919 posts, read 8,515,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLargoGuy View Post
Study Latin culture, and then will you realize what you see in Miami is considered normal. Travel to Havana, Caracus or Cartagena, or Cali ( if you make it out alive ) Colombia, and then, and only then will you begin to understand why Miami is what it is today.

For the most part Latins in general just don't give a sh*t.
There is no such thing as a "Latin" culture

Old 07-07-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkostas View Post
Where did I tell you a story? Telling a story implies I shared something anecdotal, which I didn't.

I didn't care much for the specific story you did share, either. You can't see it, but I am playing the World's smallest violin in your honor.
are you joeanmich? am I missing something or are you just dumb? because that comment was addressed to him not "fkostas" or are you just feeling lonely?

Old 07-07-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post

You do realize Miami is in America, so they should respect American turf or head back on their boats back home.

That's the biggest problem with Miami is that most of the latinos have no class and no respect for America/Americans! I respect diverse culture,

but as long as you are foreign born and from a different country, you SHOULD respect America and American culture, and live appropriately or go back on your boat.

If Miami took care of the city the way SF does like the other person said it would be SF in MIA beach. America = Class. America ran buy immigrants who don't care = Trash

Their should be zero tolerance for violence, drugs , etc if Miami stepped it up and became more strict, and threw the right people in jail, and deported the right people

It not only would be a better more desirable place, but it would be one of the best places and most respected places in the world.
There is no such thing as american culture. There is no need for another san francisco (one in california is just fine). Miami is an international latino city in the USA. It's the most unique city in America. White people don't like Miami because it's not run by them. That's fine. They can move to any one of the other white run cities.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:29 PM

4,919 posts, read 8,515,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post

No such thing as an "American" culture either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami