U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-08-2012, 01:53 PM
 
419 posts, read 424,145 times
Reputation: 224

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
So Spain? Interesting...

The majority of the Mexicans/Cubans you know are crime committing illegals? Because in my experience it's the minority of these nationalities causing trouble, just like it's the minority of Americans, AA's, Middle Easterners that are criminals. The majority of the "ghetto" element are NOT Cubans/Mexicans.
You said it's the Canadians/Europeans/Asians that are doctors or doing something. Please! Go to any medical practice or hospital in Miami. I guarantee you will find MANY doctors and medical professionals that are Latin/Hispanic and OMG maybe even Cuban or Mexican! You'll find bankers, lawyers, accountants etc too. Taxpaying, respectable citizens - that's what the majority of Cubans/Mexicans are. I don't agree with illegals coming here and causing trouble, but it's not the majority that do this. The Cubans/Mexicans are not the ones destroying this country. Americans are quite capable of doing that on their own.
In the USA the majority of the illegals committing crimes are latin decedents mostly cuba/mexico. Each country has citizens that cause problems, but when non citizens are causing a big amount of problems non stop, feeding off the tax payers money, destroying American soil, trashing the place, and having no respect for American citizens or America period I do have a problem with that. I am not saying all illegals are like this you will always have good cubans and mexicans, but there is a reason why they have become such a problem only about 30% of those illegals coming from cuba/mexico have any value or contribution to this country, instead they trash the place, live filthy, and have no respect for America. I'm sure you will find many cubans and mexicans are doctors, but that is the upper crust , you don't find these folks traditionally as you would with canadian/european/asian people. I'm not saying hispanics can't and won't amount to anything don't get me wrong they have potential like anybody else, but for some reason the majority of them won't ever make anything of themselves lets be honest, they come to America, and live off of tax payer money, and hand outs, to them that is the 'good life' compared to where they came from, the fact is most illegals that are cuban/mexican have no desire to be much more than they are coming from and that is sad, and makes the rest of hispanics (like me) look bad, as well as the USA for having to deal with all their baggage they bring along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
I keep saying it, and it needs to be repeated. Latins made Miami what she is. Without latins, without the latin businessman making miami a hub, miami would have no economy besides real estate and tourism. Another tampa. What other florida city even comes close to Miami on any level (economy, size, culture)? The answer is none.
That's what this thread is about is "Why is miami dade so ghetto" because "Latins made Miami what she is" why do you think the place is such a dump now!!? The actual hispanics that benefit the city of Miami is slim, the crime the fraud, the problems that come with it are high! The latin culture is great for Miami don't get me wrong, but the trashy no class people that are the majority of what makes dade-county. Most of the nicer places in MIA area are not hispanic dominated they are upper crust hispanic/white. 85% of the hispanics in dade county have no benefit to the city, and are only a big problem and big headache for having to deal with for the taxpayers, and it makes it very undesirable especially for being in the USA for Americans to go there and they feel they are in a 3rd world country, they are not accepted , and make American citizens feel like you are entering their land when really it isn't it's in America. America needs to clean house already and say enoguh is enough, either contribute to this country by getting citizenship or serving this country, or get deported simple as that!

Last edited by Surfside__; 07-08-2012 at 02:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-08-2012, 02:43 PM
 
2,079 posts, read 1,512,590 times
Reputation: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post
That's what this thread is about is "Why is miami dade so ghetto" because "Latins made Miami what she is" why do you think the place is such a dump now!!? The actual hispanics that benefit the city of Miami is slim, the crime the fraud, the problems that come with it are high! The latin culture is great for Miami don't get me wrong, but the trashy no class people that are the majority of what makes dade-county. Most of the nicer places in MIA area are not hispanic dominated they are upper crust hispanic/white. 85% of the hispanics in dade county have no benefit to the city, and are only a big problem and big headache for having to deal with for the taxpayers, and it makes it very undesirable especially for being in the USA for Americans to go there and they feel they are in a 3rd world country, they are not accepted , and make American citizens feel like you are entering their land when really it isn't it's in America. America needs to clean house already and say enoguh is enough, either contribute to this country by getting citizenship or serving this country, or get deported simple as that!
I don't consider Miami a dump. It's one of my favorite cities in America along with NYC (obvious), LA (my hometown) and San Francisco (just too gorgeous).

I know you consider Miami a ghetto which is fine. We all have different tastes. I don't even mind the poor black areas like opa-locka and lib city. All the upper class areas are dominated by latins. White non-latins are very few and far between in Miami. Most have left the city. The poorer areas are dominated by latins and blacks. Like I said, Miami is a very latin city at EVERY level.

It would be a shame for Miami to loose its "latin-ness" by having it cleaned and gentrified like you want. If you want a white, wonderbread city in florida on the beach you got tampa. Or if you don't mind traveling a bit, San Diego. Both San Diego and Tampa are white run cities for essentially white people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 02:51 PM
 
419 posts, read 424,145 times
Reputation: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
I don't consider Miami a dump. It's one of my favorite cities in America along with NYC (obvious), LA (my hometown) and San Francisco (just too gorgeous).

I know you consider Miami a ghetto which is fine. We all have different tastes. I don't even mind the poor black areas like opa-locka and lib city. All the upper class areas are dominated by latins. White non-latins are very few and far between in Miami. Most have left the city. The poorer areas are dominated by latins and blacks. Like I said, Miami is a very latin city at EVERY level.

It would be a shame for Miami to loose its "latin-ness" by having it cleaned and gentrified like you want. If you want a white, wonderbread city in florida on the beach you got tampa. Or if you don't mind traveling a bit, San Diego. Both San Diego and Tampa are white run cities for essentially white people.
Miami is one of my favorite cities too, that's why I am not making this thread not for conflict, but because I care about the future of the city and what others opinions are on it to improve as a whole, people make it seem as if improving the city and making it a better place is going to ruin the culture and be a bad thing? I don't see how exactly that logic makes any sense at all. It has a lot of potential and I don't like seeing wasted potential. I am hispanic myself so I don't really care if it is white dominated or what not, but for some reason whites always seem to want a better future a better life, and care about the neighborhoods they live in, and for some reason a lot of illegals really do not care, and that is what the problem is, MIAMI needs more CLASS not more TRASH, if anything people got to learn a thing or two about class and improving the community and there life, but obviously moving from cuba/mexico to usa to get benefits IS a big improvement for their life and they do not desire any more than that.. I do like to see a city be the best it can be, Miami is very limited in space and so is San Francisco but yet you never see the same problems MIAMI sees? i wonder why that is? Is it the humidity and the weather? I saw somebody mention being close to the equator causes people to be this way.. Whatever the reason is whether Miami gets gentrified or not it's always going to have a latin twist to it. Look at San Diego it has a latin twist even though most neighborhoods are gentrified, they did a great job making it nice desirable place to live where crime is minimal and look how close to the border it is! Why can't MIA do that? If they could control the crime, the problems, and the headaches these people bring it would be a much greater place, but obviously people prefer crime,drugs, trash and third world living over anything that would make it a better safer place for families to raise their kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
3,238 posts, read 1,972,083 times
Reputation: 1492
Dade county is ghetto as hell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 03:26 PM
 
Location: West Kendall
4,743 posts, read 4,834,398 times
Reputation: 1103
Cubans are not illegals...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 05:13 PM
 
2,079 posts, read 1,512,590 times
Reputation: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post
Miami is one of my favorite cities too, that's why I am not making this thread not for conflict, but because I care about the future of the city and what others opinions are on it to improve as a whole, people make it seem as if improving the city and making it a better place is going to ruin the culture and be a bad thing? I don't see how exactly that logic makes any sense at all. It has a lot of potential and I don't like seeing wasted potential. I am hispanic myself so I don't really care if it is white dominated or what not, but for some reason whites always seem to want a better future a better life, and care about the neighborhoods they live in, and for some reason a lot of illegals really do not care, and that is what the problem is, MIAMI needs more CLASS not more TRASH, if anything people got to learn a thing or two about class and improving the community and there life, but obviously moving from cuba/mexico to usa to get benefits IS a big improvement for their life and they do not desire any more than that.. I do like to see a city be the best it can be, Miami is very limited in space and so is San Francisco but yet you never see the same problems MIAMI sees? i wonder why that is? Is it the humidity and the weather? I saw somebody mention being close to the equator causes people to be this way.. Whatever the reason is whether Miami gets gentrified or not it's always going to have a latin twist to it. Look at San Diego it has a latin twist even though most neighborhoods are gentrified, they did a great job making it nice desirable place to live where crime is minimal and look how close to the border it is! Why can't MIA do that? If they could control the crime, the problems, and the headaches these people bring it would be a much greater place, but obviously people prefer crime,drugs, trash and third world living over anything that would make it a better safer place for families to raise their kids.
San Diego is not a latin city, doesn't feel like a latin city, and is much more boring (the prevailing culture lacks the energy of miami). I much prefer Miami. If your idea of improvement is to turn Miami into San Diego then I'm against it.

What problems are those? San Francisco has about as much crime as Miami. It just has a squeakier image in the media. Most people don't realize that San Francisco is with LA when it comes with crime. Chicago, New Orleans, Detroit, Atlanta, LA, Houston, Philadelphia, etc are all cities with as much crime, corruption, and poverty as Miami (and some of them have even more). And while they cleaned up manhattan, the bronx and brooklyn would still beat miami in those categories as well: and they're bigger than miami in terms of population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 06:55 PM
 
Location: Miami
1,393 posts, read 999,431 times
Reputation: 598
Wow! only about 30% of those illegals coming from cuba/mexico have any value or contribution to this country 85% of the hispanics in dade county have no benefit to the city And you're getting these percentages from where? The more you post - the more ignorant you sound. Do you realize that the majority of immigrants in the US ARE of Latin descent? Move to Russia. Do you think the crimes are being committed by the Cubans/Mexicans? Maybe try Israel? It just has to do with the percentages of the nationalities of people here vs. other places. How about the crime element in Detroit - will it be the same as here? After all Detroit is part of the US and the Cubans/Mexicans are the ones destroying this country so they must be the cause of the problems there too, right? Maybe you feel that crimes perpetrated by "whites" or "blacks" are somehow not as bad? I'm sorry, but I feel that people that think like you do are worse for the Miami community than most immigrants and/or illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 07:48 PM
 
28 posts, read 9,284 times
Reputation: 32
Surfside_:

Don't even try debating the usual suspects here because it's a waste of time. Miami Latins / Immigrants will never see or understand the other side of the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 08:17 PM
 
419 posts, read 424,145 times
Reputation: 224
It's sad people would rather have poverty, crime, violence, bad schools, and people living in filth over safer living, good schools, and neighborhoods being improved


The Two Faces Of Miami - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Miami
1,393 posts, read 999,431 times
Reputation: 598
These problems are not something that Miami Latins / immigrants needs to understand or Mexican / Cubans. These are typical big city problems. Look at Detroit, St. Louis, New Orleans, even Buffalo! Worse crime than in Miami and they are not heavily populated by Mexicans/Cubans and yet somehow they have crime - A LOT. Hmmmm.... How in the world is that possible. Of course, the smaller the population, the less crime there will be. That's to be expected. But to put the blame squarely on the Mexicans / Cubans shoulders and making idiotic comments that the woes of this country are all because of them - that's what I disagree with. I am not a Miami-lover. I'm dying to move. I detest how big this city has gotten. But that's my preference. I like a smaller population, but not because I think Miami is crap because of Cubans/Mexicans. And yes, if you're a criminal who's here illegally, you should get deported. It's a privilege to be in this country. I'm an American, born right here in Miami. My parents are Cuban born American citizens. They love this country. They've been tax paying citizens since 1962. They've never committed any crimes besides the occasional traffic violation. We know MANY immigrants and they all have had the same experience. Yes, there are bad immigrants BUT there are also bad Americans. It's a humanity thing, not a nationality thing. Yeah there are going to be more Latin criminals here, naturally. The population is a Latin majority. How can it NOT be so? I will never ever agree with blanket derogatory comments about a people, any ethnicity. They will always be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top