Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 02:23 PM

28 posts, read 44,339 times

Advertisements

If the Immigrant influx of the 70s never happened .... and if NE / NY people stayed in the NE .... Today, Miami would be a laid back, clean and highly organized place for living and working.

Cubans ( and other immigrants ) AND NY / NJ people killed Miami - period.

Just the other day, I strolled down my the bridge that goes over to Virginia Key and the water smlled of urine and sh*t ... and trash scattered all along the shoreline. Cubans and Latins in general just throw trash on the ground. Go to Broward Mall or Dolphin Mall and watch the Latin Immigrants empty their vehicle of trash in the parking lot. happens every night at 9PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 02:24 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,662,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLargoGuy View Post
If the Immigrant influx of the 70s never happened .... and if NE / NY people stayed in the NE .... Today, Miami would be a laid back, clean and highly organized place for living and working.

Cubans ( and other immigrants ) AND NY / NJ people killed Miami - period.

Just the other day, I strolled down my the bridge that goes over to Virginia Key and the water smlled of urine and sh*t ... and trash scattered all along the shoreline. Cubans and Latins in general just throw trash on the ground. Go to Broward Mall or Dolphin Mall and watch the Latin Immigrants empty their vehicle of trash in the parking lot. happens every night at 9PM.
Latins made Miami what it is. A successful, international city that the world flocks to.

Without latins Miami would just be another tampa. Boring, unremarkable.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post
What is the deal and what can Miami and dade county do to improve the city as a whole?

Is Miami only good on a superficial scale? (nice downtown/beach/shopping/weather), and core wise it has no core?

It's like a girl looking pretty with lots of make up but having nothing in the inside.

Study Latin culture, and then will you realize what you see in Miami is considered normal. Travel to Havana, Caracus or Cartagena, or Cali ( if you make it out alive ) Colombia, and then, and only then will you begin to understand why Miami is what it is today.

For the most part Latins in general just don't give a sh*t.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
... Without latins Miami would just be another tampa. Boring, unremarkable.
No. you don't know that for sure. No one knows where Miami would be today if it stayed an American City. I can only visualize in my mind what Miami would be like today, if the Crazies from the Mariel Boatlift never happened, and Scarface was never made, and all those Immigrants never came here. And if all the rude NY / NJ people stayed where they belong ... I can only dream of what Miami would be like today .... I think Miami today would be San Francisco in the Tropics.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:38 PM

The sad truth of the matter, and not many people in Miami realize this because they simply don't assimulate with Americans or even talk to native Americans, and simply because everyone around them are immigrants or Latins ... is the sad hard truth is most Americans and Floridians at the sound of the word " MIAMI " we cringe in sadness and dis-belief and even anger at what's happened to South Florida. Anywhere outside of Miami - Dade, if you want to end a nice conversation just say the word * Miami *.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:38 PM

419 posts, read 998,740 times
Quote:
Study Latin culture, and then will you realize what you see in Miami is considered normal. Travel to Havana, Caracus or Cartagena, or Cali ( if you make it out alive ) Colombia, and then, and only then will you begin to understand why Miami is what it is today.

For the most part Latins in general just don't give a sh*t.
I'm hispanic, spanish decent mixed with some native american, and I am well aware of Latin american culture,

as any culture there is good and bad, however the bad in Miami really stick out like a sore thumb, and give hispanics a bad name, same with the mexicans crossing the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
Latins made Miami what it is. A successful, international city that the world flocks to.

Without latins Miami would just be another tampa. Boring, unremarkable.
Miami is without the latin community wouldn't be the same CORRECT.

HOWEVER.. Why does the majority of them have to be trashy latin americans? What ever happened to class?

Old 07-07-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post
I'm hispanic, spanish decent mixed with some native american, and I am well aware of Latin american culture,

and the ones down in miami is a disgrace (with the exception of a few) to our culture

Miami is without the latin community wouldn't be the same CORRECT.

HOWEVER.. Why does the majority of them have to be trashy latin americans? What ever happened to class?
whites can consider us trashy and we consider you wonderbread. Boring, tasteless like most of your cities.

Like I said, if whites don't like it, go north.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
No. you don't know that for sure.
As sure as I can. What other florida city is even remarkable? Tampa? Jax? Orlando (minus the mouse)? Pensacola? lol at least latins made one corner a thriving, international city

Old 07-07-2012, 02:44 PM

To The OP Surfside_

Miami and South Florida is to far gone and controlled and run by Latins .... This began happening around 1990. Us Floridians, we're just hoping ( and praying ) for a Catagory Five to hit Miami dead on.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:47 PM

San Francisco is a prime example of a pure American city ..... Miami today would be SF in the Tropics if all those Immigrants stayed in their home country and NY/NJ/NE people stayed home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami