U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 12:41 AM

15 posts, read 17,814 times

Advertisements

I'm originally from Ohio, and moved out to AZ since my mom came out here and needed some help after a car accident that left her needing a bunch of surgeries and since i am the younger single one i came out here... now that she's all good now i am looking to leave AZ since it's just too damn hot here and no moisture (water is what i miss the most)

I am debating between Miami and California, but want to go back east since it's closer to home and easier for me to get back if i need to.

I'm 24, still in school (doing Electrical Engineering PT at ASU currently), work for a cell co as a tech (so i can transfer) and am gay. My lease is up at my current place in Feb, and i want to start looking at my options now.

What would be the best part for me to look at? I am currently looking around South Beach and Coconut Grove, but not too sure where to start.

Also, i do not know much spanish but have picked up some since moving out to Phoenix, and the threads on here go both ways as far as me "having" to know it. I've gotten along just fine here in Phoenix even when i lived in the hispanic part of town and was wondering if it'd be the same there?

any suggestions would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 02:56 PM

4,836 posts, read 10,191,625 times
You certainly don't need to know it especially if your job is not customer service based with the casual local client etc.. Areas such as Miami Beach, Coconut Grove and mush of the coast is where Spanish is needed the least. Those two areas are good places to look. Miami Beach south of 24th street would be what is consider "South Beach." another area that is highly reccomended is Brickell which is a neighborhood of the downtown area. Right by Brickell there is what is known as downtown or the central business distrct which is good too and a bit cheaper than Brickell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or