Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2012, 05:21 PM

84 posts, read 226,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgirl1616 View Post
I was talking about this yesterday with a friend who has a friend who moved to Miami and then back to NY. I'm taking what I was told with a grain of salt, but she said that dating is hard for women there too because regular girls are competing with models and the men are flocking to them and ignoring the girl next door type.

Not saying this is you, but if you are guilty of only approaching tens, this is the response your going to get unless you are willing and able to spend lots of $$ keeping the interest of women like this.

but... every other girl in miami thinks theyre a model or going to be a model especially now because everyone has a 8 mp camera on their phones and instagram haha
what really qualifies as a model is completely different in NYC and LA but in miami (lived in SE FL for 20 yrs give or take) everyone thinks they are a model, rapper, or hustler

Also the ratio of women to men in s.fl is way off, many more women than men, which is great for the men they can have their pick (although high quality, refined and very reserved women like grace kelly or audrey hepburn are very rare in S.FL there's probably only 1 woman like that in the entire miami metro area ROFL) but not the women because the lack of (good) men means that most of the women in the S.FL area will end up with less than they deserve/want, maybe thats why they come off as mean or impatient to a guy who isnt used to the miami scene, also the women in S.FL may look beautiful but rarely does the personality match it's all about "getting loose with the grey goose" and "going cray cray at club space" and getting a new piercing/tat

If you are not a millionaire/high roller or a buff jerkoff d-bag wannabe thug you probably wont be big in the miami dating scene, no matter what level of girl youre going after

Last edited by parisandgrey; 10-06-2012 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 05:25 PM

84 posts, read 226,361 times
Default heyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenboyce View Post
I have a feeling that it's more than just a latin cultural thing that makes the dating here so bad. Me & a buddy saw this guy with a washboard stomach with a not so cute woman that looked twice his age on the beach. I honestly thought she was his mother until they romantically layed together in the sand. Even my personal trainer who is a guy in amazing shape is dating a woman 10 years older than him!

I get the feeling that women are calling ALL the shots here in Miami. This is definitely not true in New York.
millionairess cougar my friend ..what you dont get those in NYC? lol hope you have better luck in LA or Honolulu (hawaii is gorgeous! so are the hapas there) or wherever you visit/move to next I guess miami just wasn't your thing

Last edited by parisandgrey; 10-06-2012 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: added more info

Old 10-13-2012, 08:17 AM

22,244 posts, read 29,276,194 times
Oh it's just "great" Met a guy on POF who was completely on drugs when we went to Lincoln Rd last night. Left his ass sitting there..This is EXACTLY why I'm single. What the FYCK is wrong with people here????

Old 10-13-2012, 01:51 PM

250 posts, read 695,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Oh it's just "great" Met a guy on POF who was completely on drugs when we went to Lincoln Rd last night. Left his ass sitting there..This is EXACTLY why I'm single. What the FYCK is wrong with people here????
He was probably like "what? youre not high right now?" lol Lincoln Rd aint cheap and he has money for blow... Your typical Miami chick would have been like roll up one of those $100 bills up and "give me some"!!! Next stop CLUB SPACE!!!

Old 10-13-2012, 03:04 PM

22,244 posts, read 29,276,194 times
^^lol you're right but I'm not the typical Miami chick..

Old 10-13-2012, 08:34 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,170,711 times
You should have left after eating the food or something. Are ppl generous when high?

Old 10-16-2012, 03:16 PM

609 posts, read 1,137,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
^^lol you're right but I'm not the typical Miami chick..
We need more women like you here.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:47 PM

984 posts, read 4,304,491 times
Strangely enough, even though I live in Dade, I've only dated women from Broward and PBC.

Interesting thread and responses, kind of eye opening.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:46 PM

609 posts, read 1,137,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
Strangely enough, even though I live in Dade, I've only dated women from Broward and PBC.

Interesting thread and responses, kind of eye opening.
Because the further south you go, the more closed-minded and delusional the women become. Helps if you are of a lighter skin tone, fit, financially able to spoil, and have the ability to speak Spanish. I think I'm becoming a bit jaded. Gotta get out of here soon!

Old 10-18-2012, 12:37 AM

984 posts, read 4,304,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic_A View Post
Because the further south you go, the more closed-minded and delusional the women become. Helps if you are of a lighter skin tone, fit, financially able to spoil, and have the ability to speak Spanish. I think I'm becoming a bit jaded. Gotta get out of here soon!
Agreed. It's sad but mostly true. People are - generally - more warm and more able to look over superficial and menial things (like cars, status, and the like) that don't matter at all in a relationship the further north you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami