Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 06:56 AM

112 posts, read 184,186 times

Advertisements

Stay in South Beach...you won't need a car and everything is close by....the party atmosphere is much better there than in Fort Lauderdale....it is a great party time-ENJOY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 09:29 AM

6 posts, read 69,024 times
You all are very helpful, thanks^^
@FlyMIA: DUIs are also forbidden in Europe, shouldn't it be anywhere forbidden?
@OIF VET: Your information is very useful!

I think it's a little bit weird that you aren't allowed to drink in public, unimaginable in Germay^^
Today I've requested holiday to my boss (can you say that?) and now I'm really looking forward to it

How much does a beer cost there in Miami?

Old 10-24-2012, 12:11 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,975,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkomaniac View Post
You all are very helpful, thanks^^
@FlyMIA: DUIs are also forbidden in Europe, shouldn't it be anywhere forbidden?
@OIF VET: Your information is very useful!

I think it's a little bit weird that you aren't allowed to drink in public, unimaginable in Germay^^
Today I've requested holiday to my boss (can you say that?) and now I'm really looking forward to it

How much does a beer cost there in Miami?
Depends where you go. If you want to buy beer at a club it will be a lot 10-12 dollars. At a nice bar $8, at a normal bar or decent restaurant $6 at a gas station or store if could be $14 for 12 of them. It really varies everywhere honestly. Your best bet is if you want to drink on the beach or get a few drinks in you before you go out buy some beers at a store and for the beach make sure they are in plastic bottles.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:51 PM

984 posts, read 4,302,587 times
It's a great place to travel to and public transport on nearly all beach areas (except here in Key Biscayne) is pretty good. And there's always cabs going 'round those areas, so you don't need a car.

Regarding hotels, there's lots of them in Miami Beach and try to book as early as possible to get a better deal. I recommend using Hotwire or Priceline to do so, I always get incredible deals with them.

And don't worry much about that drinking in public stuff, I've worked in the in a local PD and they don't really care - they're looking more for big picture stuff.

Have a great vacation and enjoy the area!

Old 10-26-2012, 08:55 AM

14 posts, read 48,470 times
Panama City is also huge for spring break. But yes, during March Miami is very crowded (even moreso than usual). South Beach was PACKED last year, you could hardly even see the sand. Definitely stay around Collins Avenue because traffic from anywhere remotely far will prevent you from going to the beach or clubs as much as I'm sure you'd like. Also, I believe you will need someone at least 25 to rent a car for you.

Oh. ALSO, be aware that Ultra will be going on in March, the weekend of the 16th and the 23rd this year. That will make it significantly more crowded. Clubs will be crazy and have a larger than normal cover fee. Make sure to arrive at the clubs around 10 or 11 if you go out at night, otherwise you may not have any luck getting in due to Ultra crowds.

Have fun and be safe!

Old 10-27-2012, 08:05 AM

11,164 posts, read 15,957,298 times
Quote:
I think the laws of our countries also distinguish a little bit. So in the United States you are for example not allowed to drink alcohol in public, am I right? Are there another laws oder rules, a tourist better has to know befor visiting your country?
Quote:
That's not a national law. Each city and/or state establishes its own regulations when it comes to drinking in public. In New Orleans, Louisiana, and Las Vegas, Nevada, for example, it is perfectly legal in the tourist sectors to walk along the sidewalks with a beer or other drink in your hand as you go from place to place. In some coastal areas, it is perfectly fine to bring your own cooler of beer to the beach for your own enjoyment. In most of these places, it is only glass containers that are outlawed, not the contents of the drinks.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:56 AM

We are going to stay there from the first day of march until the fifteenth. We have the idea to split our visit that we can go to miami for one week and to another city (in the moment probably Daytona) the other week.
Can you tell us, when the celebrating students arrive in Miami?^^

We've read, that from second day in march until the 9ths the University of Floria has its Spring Break. Would it maybe pay off to go to Daytona for the first week and go to Miami in the second?

And ou you have some other options for the week before/after Miami, expcept Panama City? We think it's the best place for partying, but we would like to stay near Miami or Orlando because of the money ;-)

As always I'm looking forward to your comments :-)

Last edited by mirkomaniac; 10-27-2012 at 10:21 AM..

Old 10-31-2012, 06:07 AM

798 posts, read 1,454,756 times
To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:13 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,074,109 times
Most big Miami Beach clubs/bars sell liquor until 5 AM.
Open container laws are usually enforced only when there are problems or when the previous years' events were particularly troublesome.
As for when to travel, keep in mind that Miami Beach is filled with "specialty weekends" from November through late Spring. This means that one weekend may host a huge music oriented festival while another may be hosting a film festival while yet another one might be hosting a gay crowd. However, that doesn't mean that the entire beach scene is just about the specialty weekend. Multiple events and multiple crowds co-exist on most weekends through the Winter and most of Spring.
If I were you, I'd google Miami Beach events calendar to see which weekends might interest you the most. One thing to keep in mind is that the size of the event weekends may significantly reduce hotel options and or make them more expensive. Getting an early start on any plans is wise to do.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:47 PM

Sorry for responding so late. We've booked our trip to your beutiful country. In the first week, we will stay in Daytona Beach and the second we will stay in Miami Beach. Your answers let us hope that it will be great
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami