Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 11:52 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,868,836 times

Advertisements

you should use this for miami crime mapping.... if you dont already, miami dade police and city of miami update on the regular

CrimeMapping.com - National Map
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 03:16 AM

313 posts, read 647,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Broward County will be a ghetto one day also as more immigrants keep moving in until all South Florida is a dump, sad bit it eventually will happen
Then the country's done for!

Old 04-07-2013, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
To Compelled and somebodymiami, I've put your ideas into action, you can see in the map; the only two major details is that I've checked on that area from Bird Rd to 8th St (which is mostly Tamiami), and is fine and slightly above average, and due to the crime stats and avg. income (it's better on both than nearly all of Kendall) - plus other factors - I will retain as it is - the worse areas are already in blue. That bit in Medley is shoddy, but overall it's a nearly fully industrial area, so I'll keep the special light blue color made for fully/mostly non-residential areas (but I'll work on the description soon to better fit the new color).
Yeah, I agree. Making that entire area blue makes absolutely no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Everything north of Bird Road west of the turnpike is nothing special to say the least. It is basically like west Hialeah but with some larger homes mixed in. The whole area going up to 8th Street should be blue.
Only in that both are heavily Cuban by even Miami standards and both basically started growing around the same time. West Hialeah is much more dense, more lower middle class and as a result probably has a little more crime. It's a fine place, plenty of potentially green pockets i'm sure I could point out in there and the northern lake section of Hialeah.

Tamiami and the area west is generally much more wealthy, less crime and just much quieter.

Last edited by unclealbertt; 04-07-2013 at 04:10 AM..

Old 04-07-2013, 03:56 AM

. . .

Last edited by unclealbertt; 04-07-2013 at 04:05 AM..

Old 04-07-2013, 10:16 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclealbertt View Post
Only in that both are heavily Cuban by even Miami standards and both basically started growing around the same time. West Hialeah is much more dense, more lower middle class and as a result probably has a little more crime. It's a fine place, plenty of potentially green pockets i'm sure I could point out in there and the northern lake section of Hialeah.

Tamiami and the area west is generally much more wealthy, less crime and just much quieter.
I don't think it's a bad place, and I don't think the northern section of Hialeah is bad either. I just think green is a little generous. The homes, while large, generally have that iron fence, paved front lawn, burglar barred windows thing going on, and property maintenance is hit and miss even though the homes are mostly brand new. It is a "decent" area, and while the incomes are above average, the look of the area is not. There are individual streets that could be light green, but if north Hialeah is blue, this area should be too. I agree that it's also a quiet area with minimal crime, and it's certainly not an outrageous decision to rate the area as light green.

The OP has done a great job with this map and balancing everyone's disagreements.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 04-07-2013 at 10:25 AM..

Old 04-07-2013, 12:41 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
I second what CTR said. Hialeah should not be green.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:40 PM

Nothing in Hialeah is green on the map. There's only The Estates neighborhood in Hialeah Gardens which a lot of people just blanket as West Hialeah. I think blue is fine for the area too, the area peaked in the late 90's. A lot of the area just south of the Palmetto and Miami Lakes can easily be light green, but I don't think it's a big deal.

I have a lot of old ties to this part of Dade, Hialeah is a fascinating place to say the least. It supposedly has morbid unemployment right now, but the commercial sector looks to be booming in that area right now.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:20 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
While a fine area, and very reasonable; its statistics (like avg. home prices, avg. income, changes/trends on them, etc.) and overall aspect and safety is just about average (some things slightly below, some things slightly above average). Lastly, in comparison to most of the current average areas (colored blue - like Palmetto Estates, most of Westchester, the Ives Estates neighborhood, etc.) it's just as good if not slightly better - it would be mostly in the high-end of the blue color basically. But areas with the light green color are generally significantly better (like the Morningside area, parts of North Beach, a few areas of Doral, etc.), so in conclusion most probably I'll have to retain that area as blue.

About The Estates area in Hialeah Gardens, it is a tough call, it's also kind of borderline light green or blue, but overall it's more to the light green, I believe.

Although if more people can give their opinions of these two areas, it would be excellent to make the better final decision here.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:40 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
Well, I declare this project to be the Final Edition. But further updates will still be made soon and in future to keep it proper and accurate, and everybody here can still give their input/opinions so to help on these updates to be made further down the line.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,106,641 times
i'm blue and dark green(yes I have 2 properties)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami