Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2013, 12:26 PM

18 posts, read 29,450 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I think east of Douglas Road and south of William Avenue in Coconut Grove should be yellow.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 01:31 AM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
Did the changes people requested, also again, thanks for the renewed support in this project.

And regarding the Westchester/Cutler Bay controversy, I believe I've solved it with a little fact finding and crime stats, and from glancing at some threads here too.

Most of Cutler Bay remains light green, however its SW edge is mostly in blue (and a little in yellow too) currently. Also I've extended the light blue (non-residential areas) through the US-1 from Palmetto Bay all the way to the Tpke. Westchester actually does have two small but significant areas in the light green now - mainly because of incredibly low crime stats and proper/nice aspect. Most of it will remain blue however. Also two other little areas are in the yellow due to facts actually opposite to the places with light green there.

I've did a few other minor corrections/improvements as well, and I believe now it is definitely better and more accurate than the earlier versions. I believe I can say, it's a pretty good map.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:53 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times
The building I used to live in Miami Beach with my grandparents was like a little project... not that bad, but definitely not worthy of a green color. Worse yet was the neighborhood surrounding it... bums asking for drugs, cops, people yelling, shady people walking the streets, etc...

Old 05-25-2013, 12:20 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,822,462 times
The map looks really really good. I looked at the map again and another minor change that I would like to suggest would be to changer the area between 67 ave and 76 ave and 56 st and 62 st from light green to medium green.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
The building I used to live in Miami Beach with my grandparents was like a little project... not that bad, but definitely not worthy of a green color. Worse yet was the neighborhood surrounding it... bums asking for drugs, cops, people yelling, shady people walking the streets, etc...
Give me the specs (location/area) and I'll downgrade it (probably to the blue).

Old 05-26-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
The map looks really really good. I looked at the map again and another minor change that I would like to suggest would be to changer the area between 67 ave and 76 ave and 56 st and 62 st from light green to medium green.
Yep, definitely solid/medium green worthy, that was an overlook, I should've known (it's in the NE end of my 'hood). Probably I associated it earlier with the neighboring area just near South Miami HS and did that. If you find any other quick fixes/errors or something that may have been overlooked, just post here and I'll fix it.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:21 PM

When is the Broward map going to be ready?

Old 05-31-2013, 09:59 PM

It's done already, it's a Sticky thread there - I think I posted that somewhere in the middle of this thread (not sure though). Well, here is the link to it: Map with all the Neighborhoods of Broward County rated by quality of life - Neighborhood-O-Meter

There will also be a Palm Beach County map also soon (already done nearly a third of it) - (here's the current thread for tips/comments/suggestions: Making a Map with all the Neighborhoods/Areas of PBC (Neighborhood-O-Meter) - In need of some Feedback/Input).

Old 06-04-2013, 12:55 AM

Here are a few errors that I just noticed.

between sw 120 st to 125 ter and 122 ave to 126 ave you have it light blue but that is a residential area

between sw 132 st to 136 st and 127 ave to approximately 132 ave you also have it light blue but that is a residential area as well

I would also change sw 39 st to 39 ter and 72 ave to 76 ave from light green to blue like the rest of the homes in that neighborhood.

Last edited by straight shooter; 06-04-2013 at 01:05 AM..

Old 06-04-2013, 05:25 AM

15 posts, read 65,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
Mainly because it's not as good to live/not up to par overall (considering all aspects) when comparing to the dark green (the best and the nearly best - like Pinecrest, most of Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, etc.) neighborhood. (Note: That can possibly change though, as I'm still finishing the full review that I was, and am currently finishing doing.) But it's pretty good overall, safe, nicely built, that's why it's solid/normal green. The north end of it (light green) isn't as nice and has a slightly worse (number of people in) poverty rate, is denser (in a bad way) and a few complexes have issues partially due to the landfill nearby. And thanks for the support!
Thanks for the explanation JacobMax!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami