Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 03:38 PM

4 posts, read 17,742 times

Advertisements

Thank you for this map. I don't understand it. Coral Gables is a darker green. Where is the legend for the map to help me navigate? I'm new to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 08:57 PM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,189,342 times
You have to click on the small arrow just under the heading at top left of the map, but here is the color key just in case:

Dark Green - Very nice, well kept and very safe areas
Standard Green - Quite nice, well kept and quite safe areas
Light Green - Above average areas - nice enough, mostly well kept and safe areas
Blue - Avg. decent to reasonable areas, decent aspect and partially safe
Light Blue - Fully/Mostly Non-Residential Areas -Neutral/Variable - See neighboring areas
Yellow - Below average areas, below average aspect and partially/mostly unsafe
Orange - Mostly bad areas, shoddy aspect and unsafe
Red - Bad areas, poor aspect and quite/very unsafe

Old 05-08-2015, 06:03 AM

4 posts, read 17,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msh0146 View Post
Exceptionally helpful. It appears that my "possible" relocation to Miami is now likely / probable. This map will be, as you said "properly useful," as I am not familiar with the city at all.

Thanks so much -- solid work here!
One thing to remember about Miami neighborhoods is that they can change in a five year time span for various reasons.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:07 AM

176 posts, read 646,704 times
My dream neighborhoods
Golden Beach: beachfront homes
Casaurina Concourse
Journey's End Rd
Towers of Quayside
South Point Towers

Old 06-06-2015, 03:25 AM

176 posts, read 646,704 times
Shenendoah (sw 22 st btw 22-12 ave) is a quite nice and rich neighborhood and should not be lumped in with Kendale Lakes West...the houses have a historical value and has a bit of an upper crust....as does J.G. Head Farms (sw 130, 129 aves btw bird and coral way). Also Kendale Lakes West and Winston Park should have a few differences noted, though not by much. My first choice to live if I had money would be the South Pointe Towers by Joe's Stone Crabs and/or Quayside. Both are remarkable condominiums.

Old 06-17-2015, 03:56 PM

2 posts, read 15,187 times
Default This is great

Thanks!

Old 08-13-2015, 01:41 PM

3 posts, read 14,191 times
Omg, this is so so helpful.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:22 PM

64 posts, read 67,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
I've made - remembering Crisp444 properly useful map - a new map with updates/adjustments covering all neighborhoods and Cities within Miami-Dade County rated by general quality of life/desirability.

The link to it is at the end on this opening post. This should be useful to a great number of people relocating or thinking of relocating to Miami-Dade.

Notes: Input/comments to make further updates soon on the map are very appreciated. It's a Beta project.

Additionally, if you can't see all the areas in the map at the same time on the link at the end of the post, just Copy (right click on the link and Copy) and Paste the following link on the Google Maps Search and click on Search (or click Enter - both ways work): https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...237cd0fd254811 (Only click on this link itself if you wish to download the map in KML format, this way you can also see it on Google Earth) Otherwise, you can just go through the pages and see the neighborhoods page by page, by clicking Previous and Next down in the Map Description.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...237cd0fd254811
This is an amazing map! I would love to create one for Las Vegas... where did you get the underlying data?

Old 10-30-2015, 07:30 AM

28 posts, read 40,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_k View Post
You have to click on the small arrow just under the heading at top left of the map, but here is the color key just in case:

Dark Green - Very nice, well kept and very safe areas
Standard Green - Quite nice, well kept and quite safe areas
Light Green - Above average areas - nice enough, mostly well kept and safe areas
Blue - Avg. decent to reasonable areas, decent aspect and partially safe
Light Blue - Fully/Mostly Non-Residential Areas -Neutral/Variable - See neighboring areas
Yellow - Below average areas, below average aspect and partially/mostly unsafe
Orange - Mostly bad areas, shoddy aspect and unsafe
Red - Bad areas, poor aspect and quite/very unsafe
Anybody have any details on Wynwood vs Edgewater? What I've discovered thus far shows Edgewater to be more established, where as Wynwood looks to be more 'up and coming'. They're relatively close to one another, but hard to say exactly since I'm sitting behind a computer screen 1,200 miles away..

Old 03-01-2016, 06:18 AM

52 posts, read 118,918 times
This is a great map and it seems alot of work was put into this. I am curious with so many neighborhoods changing for better or worse like Wynwood, Buena Vista and even some of the western suburbs like Doral, and West Kendall what changes can be made to this map to update it now in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami