Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 04:03 PM

313 posts, read 645,764 times

Advertisements

There isn't any complacency in that regard, at all. Miami's doubling down on it's cruise business, the airport, cultural attractions, and the convention market. The Miami Heat are world wide attractions, not to mention Miami's just starting to open up to several world markets like China and India.

I guess I have to repeat it, but Miami's the most in demand hotel market in the country. That's a fact. When you consider Miami's also the most expensive hotel market in the country, your whole argument or idea falls apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 04:54 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,306,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclealbertt View Post
There isn't any complacency in that regard, at all. Miami's doubling down on it's cruise business, the airport, cultural attractions, and the convention market. The Miami Heat are world wide attractions, not to mention Miami's just starting to open up to several world markets like China and India.
So since we're building up one area of business we can tear down another?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclealbertt View Post
I guess I have to repeat it, but Miami's the most in demand hotel market in the country. That's a fact. When you consider Miami's also the most expensive hotel market in the country, your whole argument or idea falls apart.
Please provide proof.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:08 PM

313 posts, read 645,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
So since we're building up one area of business we can tear down another?
What are we tearing down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
provide proof.
Use google, this has been the norm for a couple years now. Look for a Smith Travel Research.

But the house just killed this bill, so that's that.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:19 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,711,264 times
Good Riddance, what scam will the welfare queens who own the team try next?

Old 05-03-2013, 10:14 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,810,701 times
^^^ They will regroup, reevaluate the situation, hire more lobbyist and see who they can influence and buy.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:33 PM

113 posts, read 414,341 times
Side note about the Fins.
My buddy works for The Miami Dolphins.
He says Mike Dee and other higher ups live extravagent lifestyles.
Dee lives in the wealthiest community in Broward County.
Personal chauffeur/drivers.
" .... All the Suits behind the Fins live flamboyant lifestyles."
Steve Ross has 24/7 private driver, lives in $25M home on Golden Beach.
Live in Chef, privately owned Leer Jet at FLL.
Fyi !!

Old 05-03-2013, 11:11 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,711,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai Frente View Post
Side note about the Fins.
My buddy works for The Miami Dolphins.
He says Mike Dee and other higher ups live extravagent lifestyles.
Dee lives in the wealthiest community in Broward County.
Personal chauffeur/drivers.
" .... All the Suits behind the Fins live flamboyant lifestyles."
Steve Ross has 24/7 private driver, lives in $25M home on Golden Beach.
Live in Chef, privately owned Leer Jet at FLL.
Fyi !!

Funny how the ***MOD CUT*** neglect to report these facts! Thank goodness we have the internet and not just the lamestream media.

Last edited by doggiebus; 07-06-2013 at 07:23 AM..

Old 05-04-2013, 01:05 AM

253 posts, read 433,362 times
Nice public relations instincts by Ross, immediately releasing a whiny statement condemning Weatherford, the House Speaker. What a moron. He's accustomed to bullying his way via cash and can't believe it failed him. Desperately flying Goodell and Marino to Tallahassee in the final days was laughable, the latest version of the red carpet obsession he used at the stadium.

Mike Dee is such a hatchet man parrot. There's nobody in the organization who will stand up to Ross and advise him to calm down for a spell.

I'm not a Jeff Ireland fan but at least he's showing signs of turning the corner. Drafting a quarterback high in the first round. Aggressive free agency. Making a value trade for a premium pick. Those type of moves at least provide a chance for real improvement.

Ross and Dee haven't changed at all. They are still relying on scare tactics, misinformation, airbrushed images, and scheming to slip the bill through on short notice in front of the smallest electorate possible, and knowing they'll dominate the airwaves and the propaganda. Kudos to Weatherford for shutting it down. He provided a great basic summary, that the proposal simply hadn't been fully vetted.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:30 AM

319 posts, read 623,583 times
Instead of using that money for schools, they are going to use it for a violent tv show, I do not consider that a sport, it is a tv show, 11 minutes is the actual game play, removing all the stops, and 3 hours of commercials.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:00 PM

113 posts, read 414,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Funny how the ***MOD CUT*** neglect to report these facts! Thank goodness we have the internet and not just the lamestream media.
Rick,
That's tip of the iceberg in terms of living high, Miami Dolphins ownership and Executives.
I could reveal more but my buddy's job could be toast if I spill the beans.
Divulging what I really know could get me banned from this website.
Ps. I have no interest in pro sports in South Florida.
And, Dan Marino fathered a bastard child out of wedlock !!

Best of Luck.

Last edited by doggiebus; 07-06-2013 at 07:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami