Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 05:57 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times

Advertisements

This is good to know, but will the kangaroo court actually follow the facts stated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 08:11 PM

313 posts, read 647,294 times
The truth is drivers are bad everywhere. Licenses shouldn't be so easy to obtain anywhere, but we've built a society around the automobile! You could be a complete dumbass and be a naturally good driver or you can be a college educated yuppie and not be able to drive.

In Miami it's funny to blame the immigrants and how dumb they must be. One of many scapegoats for bad drivers all over the country and beyond.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:17 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
It's just amazing (in a bad way) what I experienced today. People with no lights on at all even with a severe thunderstorm, right in the I-95. There were people tailgating like they were trying to kill themselves or somethin', totally egregious. Nearly flooded the damn highway, raining relentlessly and they simply don't care.

Crazy, crazy...

Old 05-02-2013, 03:25 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
This is good to know, but will the kangaroo court actually follow the facts stated?
tallrick, I know decently enough how most P.D.s work in SoFL, even this not being my specialty really; frankly, I would not recommend that. You may get an unreasonable aggressive cop and he, in a scenario like that, would simply end up making the arrest of the driver based on some statute regarding threatening manner/harassment/even possibly faking a battery against an officer/etc., or also even filing a report wrongly on purpose. The number of corrupt cops in this neck of the woods is not small, unfortunately.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:00 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Do you know what a turn signal is? Just curious.

1 for Miami-Dade, 2 for Broward and 2 for Palm Beach. Miami-Dade needs no further explanation, Broward is a marginally better version of Dade (+1 for not much tailgating compared to a lot of places), and Palm Beach is a scary mix of senile old people and very aggressive drivers.
Miami and Broward are both bad. Palm beach is more civilized. The most aggressive drivers I have seen are in Northern Broward and SW Miami. If you need to change lanes in those places, don't use your turn signal.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:22 AM

798 posts, read 1,460,032 times
It's not that bad... I will give them a 3. I have driven in real savage cities in other countries and Miami is OK. Believe me.. Besides, the new spread of light cameras on top and up around corners are making ppl think twice before to pass a light or turn right on a corner.
I still think Doral got excessive cameras and Homestead too where traffic there is very pacific.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:14 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times
Drive in Manhattan on Park Avenue, you talk about crazy as you expect a cab driver to ram in to you at any moment for getting in his way. That was my experience in 1993, having Florida tags didn't help either.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:19 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,826,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Drive in Manhattan on Park Avenue, you talk about crazy as you expect a cab driver to ram in to you at any moment for getting in his way. That was my experience in 1993, having Florida tags didn't help either.
I drove in Manhattan, back in the 90's too. Wasn't too bad.

I actually rollerbladed up and down Park Avenue, 3rd Avenue, 2nd Avenue, 6th and 7th all the time. The taxi drivers actually were the least of my concern, because they are so bad, they are good!

Old 05-05-2013, 10:05 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Miami and Broward are both bad. Palm beach is more civilized. The most aggressive drivers I have seen are in Northern Broward and SW Miami. If you need to change lanes in those places, don't use your turn signal.
I agree with you, although Palm Beach has this bad mix of very aggressive drivers who seem to have left their actual driving skill in New York and people who are too old to drive. Truth be told, the whole state doesn't seem to have bad drivers. Orlando drivers are exactly the same as Dade or Broward and Tampa drivers tailgate and speed excessively while passing on the right and rarely using turn signals. Even north Florida drivers, while easygoing, have never heard of turn signal and drive tunnel visioned.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:25 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
I drove in Manhattan, back in the 90's too. Wasn't too bad.

I actually rollerbladed up and down Park Avenue, 3rd Avenue, 2nd Avenue, 6th and 7th all the time. The taxi drivers actually were the least of my concern, because they are so bad, they are good!
I too have rollerbladed in Manhattan without incident. Miami? No thank you on the roads. The only place it'd rollerblade is on the beach and bay walks in Miami Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami