Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 11:50 AM

83 posts, read 114,762 times

Advertisements

As the title says. Rate Miami drivers from 1 to 5.

I rate the drivers here a good 2. I have seen **** here I have never seen done in any other states. Crazy people weaving in and out of lanes with a 3" clearance going 70+. Cars flipped over. Daily bumper-bumper damages due to people not paying attention. Fellow coworkers getting off from work only to find damage to their vehicle from some dude pulling out of the lot & not leave their info.

Here is my car rear ended.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 12:27 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Sorry to see that. Yes, South Florida drivers suck.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:01 PM

318 posts, read 625,061 times
South Florida drivers do not suck. Most of the drivers here are tourists. Miami is visited by 22 million tourists every year, that's almost 2 million per month. Most of these lunatics are tourists.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:03 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
1-10 I give them a big fat ZERO. Worst drivers in the country by far. People going 40mph in the left lane on the highway people going 90mph in the right lane. People not knowing what lanes are turn only lanes, no blinkers at all. People drive with their lights off or brights on all the time. Cars have lights not working all the time. And rude drivers, people don't let you in if you have a blinker on. And lets not even get into people have no license or no insurance. And the hit and runs here. Driving here is a challenge and it certainly has made me a better driver I just wish everyone knew how to drive like me. I doubt people set their mirrors right or check their mirrors enough or look far enough ahead etc..

Another thing is the driving test is so freaking easy. Easiest thing I have ever done in my life. I took this online CD Rom course a year after getting my license to get money off insurance and it was actually really good in teaching some simple yet crucial driving techniques. If I ever have the chance I would make something like that mandatory along with a much much more difficult test. If you can't parallel park a car maybe you should not get a license. Driving straight for 2 mins, making a three point turn, reversing for 50ft and parking in a huge parking space does not prove I know how to drive.

I will say that one good thing about driving down here is how the street lights turn off at most intersections after a certain time at night. However I almost got into a nasty accident when some BMW tried to creep up when it had a flashing red. My 6,000lb truck would have crushed the car. Anyway there are a few intersections in Downtown which need to be turned on late at night now with Downtown being a much busier place.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:05 PM

984 posts, read 4,317,117 times
It's sad to see a car in this such way. At least it appears that the taillights and the tires weren't directly impacted...I hope...but the rear bumper really took a severe impact.

And it is a good topic, this sort of thing is not really uncommon at all in SoFL (even more in Miami-Dade), also the number of traffic violations across the County is a joke. Loads of yobbos that don't sign properly, tailgate too much, not to mention that some are on the phone texting, eating, etc. not to mention yahoos with their feet out in the passenger side (and even drivers...I saw that two times).

I'd rate it a 2 (at most) as well, slightly better up in Broward (generally from Davie/SW Ranches and north of it) - I'd say a 2.5 or somethin' over there. It only gets really proper generally from North Palm Beach/Palm Beach Gardens and northwards (or from Naples and up - west of here).

Old 04-28-2013, 01:05 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
^^^ I am not sure about that. I think most accidents are caused by locals. You have to realize that many of them haven't even been driving for that long.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:11 PM

318 posts, read 625,061 times
There are tourists that are not even used to driving, most world cities are walk-able. Here everybody must use a vehicle.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:13 PM

984 posts, read 4,317,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
^^^ I am not sure about that. I think most accidents are caused by locals. You have to realize that many of them haven't even been driving for that long.
We posted at the same time...hehe...and yes, I do agree, that's a good point.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:30 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,349 times
Miami is the land of the rubberneckers! Holding up traffic just to stare at an accident on the road. I don't get it. What can you POSSIBLY expect to see that you've never seen before?

Another thing that pisses me off: people hauling a** on US1 southbound in the middle of the night on a weekend night. If it's 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning, and you're headed home after a night out, what the hell are you speeding for???

Old 04-28-2013, 01:36 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
South Florida drivers do not suck. Most of the drivers here are tourists. Miami is visited by 22 million tourists every year, that's almost 2 million per month. Most of these lunatics are tourists.
Do you know what a turn signal is? Just curious.

1 for Miami-Dade, 2 for Broward and 2 for Palm Beach. Miami-Dade needs no further explanation, Broward is a marginally better version of Dade (+1 for not much tailgating compared to a lot of places), and Palm Beach is a scary mix of senile old people and very aggressive drivers.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 04-28-2013 at 01:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami