Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 02:40 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,982 times

Advertisements

I'd go with Pinecrest. Weston is a nice area but it's out on the edge of the Everglades and too cookie-cutter for my tastes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 02:43 PM

313 posts, read 647,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Negative on the ignorance. If you do not speak Spanish out there, good luck. The majority of Latins living in Miami is still Cubans followed by all the others. Educate yourself before calling someone else out
You're not being consistent. I know very well how spanish Doral is, the mayor can hardly speak English. Plus I just showed you exactly how prominent several spanish speaking groups are. I was just disproving your claim of Cubans in Doral. We are talking about Doral and not Miami, right? The demographics are pretty different.

Doral's a young city that didn't have the opportunity to plan it's growth. The infrastructure is still coming into place, but this notion that Doral's a dump because there's too much spanish being spoken is ridiculous. There's money, business, growth and opportunity in Doral right now.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:17 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
I have seen some very nice cars in Doral.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:18 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers29 View Post
I'd go with Pinecrest. Weston is a nice area but it's out on the edge of the Everglades and too cookie-cutter for my tastes.
LOL, cookie cutter

Old 05-04-2013, 03:19 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,899,594 times
For a non-Spanish speaker - I can't believe anyone would recommend Doral?!

I also can't see how Weston wouldn't be considered cookie cutter. Each neighborhood has 3 or 4 house styles. Weston will frown on and fine individuality in the exterior of the home or yard. I'm not saying anything is wrong with that. Some people prefer that look. I just wanted to point that out that Weston has that controlled appearance to its neighborhoods whereas you will still find some "uniqueness" in Pinecrest. Uniqueness is not something to be encouraged in Weston.

I looked online and it was a homeowner in Weston trying to grow vegetables in her backyard that got in trouble. If you live there, better pull out your HOA rule book. I'm sure it's quite large and full of all sorts of "guidelines."

Here's the article about the law breaking veggie grower.

Weston homeowner fights to protect her garden

Old 05-04-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
LOL, cookie cutter
That is not the norm for Weston. Most of it is middle to upper middle priced regular homes on streets with other homes that look just like each other. Try to break out of the cookie cutter mold and see what the HOA will do. If it wasn't cookie cutter you wouldn't have a problem.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:32 PM

Yeah, I just went to Google and looked at the satellite view of Weston. I'd say 95% cookie cutter. You can street view a few neighborhoods too and they're very cookie cutter. Pinecrest seems like it would be more expensive going by the lot sizes.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:52 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
Quote:
LOL, cookie cutter
That is a small area of Weston that isn't the norm.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:11 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclealbertt View Post
You're not being consistent. I know very well how spanish Doral is, the mayor can hardly speak English. Plus I just showed you exactly how prominent several spanish speaking groups are. I was just disproving your claim of Cubans in Doral. We are talking about Doral and not Miami, right? The demographics are pretty different.

Doral's a young city that didn't have the opportunity to plan it's growth. The infrastructure is still coming into place, but this notion that Doral's a dump because there's too much spanish being spoken is ridiculous. There's money, business, growth and opportunity in Doral right now.
To her "latin" is ghetto. Feeling "too white for Miami" makes her happy now. She just moved to Colorado and all she has been doing ever since is bash Miami latinos. We are her biatch now. It's probably therapeutical, it must make her feel better about her move.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:40 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
LOL, cookie cutter
In all fairness, have you been to Pinecrest? Weston is a good area to live in but Pinecrest is the obvious choice for someone who does not like "cookie cutter".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami