Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 02:29 PM

5,016 posts, read 7,419,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintlaz1 View Post
moving down here without a job, I would hold off then.

Miami is an expensive city not NEW YORK expensive

if you wanted to live in a nice apartment that is modern and new in a good area the reality is 1700-2200 for a 1 bedroom (Downtown/Brickell/Coral Gables around ponce and miracle mile only/SOBE south of 5th etc), if you wanted to live in a pretty good area in a nice apartment 1300-1700 for a 1 bedroom this are scattered throughout the city in different areas Edgewater, Dadeland, Doral if you want to live in an area that you will never impress your friends but you can still walk at night its 800-1300 for a 1 bedroom look at Kendall, Fountainbleu, anything under $800.00 don't bother coming to this city.

This is the hard truth people.
Well put
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 04:35 PM

166 posts, read 281,099 times
Impress your friends? Kkkkkkk. You sound soooo Miami.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:03 PM

984 posts, read 4,304,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleto84 View Post
Yep....kkkkkkk....gotta be kidding, putting 'impress friends' as one of the factors in choosing a place to live...that's when I say thank the Lord I just live in a underrated suburb that nearly nobody knows about and that I work in Law Enforcement and (most) colleagues/friends don't care about that....

Old 06-04-2013, 05:50 PM

140 posts, read 433,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleto84 View Post
That is where I am from.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
Yep....kkkkkkk....gotta be kidding, putting 'impress friends' as one of the factors in choosing a place to live...that's when I say thank the Lord I just live in a underrated suburb that nearly nobody knows about and that I work in Law Enforcement and (most) colleagues/friends don't care about that....
When I use impress your friends it's a witty term in basically saying not be ashamed of where you live. So lets not pretend your above that.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:59 PM

7 posts, read 178,039 times
Before we move down to Miami I plan on having a job. I'm saying the job I will have will range within that salary range. After I receive my Bachelors Degree in Accounting I plan on obviously getting a job in that career field which pays well and as for my husband he will grow as with years of experience. As in living in Saginaw, Michigan the price of living differs and I was recently down in Miami for spring break and seen the differences in cost of living. I have researched and what do you guys think of "Miami Stadium Apartments"(coral gables), Tuscany Place (homestead), or Villa Capri (homestead). They looked like nice apartments complexes and I just don't know if the area is a nice place to live.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenfennmore View Post
Before we move down to Miami I plan on having a job. I'm saying the job I will have will range within that salary range. After I receive my Bachelors Degree in Accounting I plan on obviously getting a job in that career field which pays well and as for my husband he will grow as with years of experience. As in living in Saginaw, Michigan the price of living differs and I was recently down in Miami for spring break and seen the differences in cost of living. I have researched and what do you guys think of "Miami Stadium Apartments"(coral gables), Tuscany Place (homestead), or Villa Capri (homestead). They looked like nice apartments complexes and I just don't know if the area is a nice place to live.
Oh my jesus!

All those are low income properties you cant make more than a certain amount of income to get in so basically its your modern day "projects".

Miami Stadium Apartments: first thing that's not coral gables, its just west of Overtown on the site of an old baseball stadium that was tore down years ago, the area is severely depressed, yes they look decent and I will give them that thet are the best thing in that neighborhood which is not a good thing.

Tuscany Place- its actually a little north of homestead closer to Naranga, this is another low income housing building and i believe close to a all new low income village area that Naranga is trying to make that looks incredibly modern for that area. I would think this may be a little safer but its still not a great area and you will be living very far south from Miami itself.

Villa Capri - again a little north of homestead, another low income housing project. looks nice for what it is but again you will be far from Miami and the neighborhood isn't great.

I know you may not want to hear this but start looking at older apartments in better neighborhoods.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:42 PM

No thank you!! This advice is really helping me weed out the bad stuff. I was just looking on like apartmentguide.com and these were in the mix of options from the pictures they look like very nice apartments. Because where I live these apartments would be considered very nice in a nice area so I figured it was the same. But do you have any suggestions as to apartment complexes that would be good options? I still have a lot more research to do on childcare and other things so depending costs of those we might be able to pay a higher rent rate.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:08 PM

How much are you guys comfortable spending a month on rent? Any ideas of areas you will be working in? Can you guys try to come look at places before you do the actual move?

Old 06-05-2013, 05:34 PM

The max I would like to spend on rent is about $1,200. Yes we would be coming down to look around at places first. That way we can see the neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami