Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 12:02 AM

179 posts, read 307,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggs1 View Post
I mean an exclusively white barber shop. I've had my hair cut by a white man before, but he was in a predominantly black barbershop; he was the only white barber there.

I've never gone into a white barbershop, nor do they advertise it. Chinese folks open up shops in black neighborhoods and advertise they do black hair. I've never seen a barbershop operated by white people, advertising they do black hair.

I don't know; maybe they think black people won't patronize because of the war going on between black and white in this country. Or maybe they won't cut hair for cheap like Chinese...
Chinese folks open up all kinds of stuff in black neighborhoods. LOL

An all white barber shop in a black neighborhood would never do well.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:09 AM

251 posts, read 636,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggs1 View Post
Philly also has some of the best Chinese barbers, lol.

Dude, I'm new to Philly. I didn't know Chinese people could cut black hair before I moved here! Chinese folks are amazing in Philly. they make soul food too!! i thought it was going to be hard to find a good spot that serves grits and eggs when I moved here, but there's this spot ran by Chinese folks that I go to, and they make this bomb southern breakfast; and they make fried chicken gizzards!

How do Chinese people know so much about black people? It makes you frustrated with white people, cause black people and white people been in this country together since the 1600s (ok, if you're people got here after the civil war, you're exempt); Mr. Chang just got here yesterday! He fresh off the boat giving brothers fades. I've NEVER gone into a white spot, and was able to get a nice fade. If China ever invades the US I'm jumping on the Chinese side, lol.

What's reason for race baiting? How out of the blue did the Chinese got injected into this thread I don't know. I was born in Philly never had a seen an Asian Barber. City data is full of weirdos.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthematrix View Post
Yea Aimewitue...True that....mad fake Muslims....Even if they are well groomed...still fake as hell.....
A lot of people I grew up with came from Sunni families that have muslim for decades. Maybe these people are not devout but that doesn't mean they are fake.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_zed View Post
^You make it seem like dreads and gold teeth are a Florida-only thing.
There an overall unkempt and tackiness about the many of the people in People in florida. That style would go over too well in many other places.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:06 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,377,232 times
you can't sleep on the jits tho.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:39 PM

572 posts, read 1,867,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillystress215 View Post
What's reason for race baiting? How out of the blue did the Chinese got injected into this thread I don't know. I was born in Philly never had a seen an Asian Barber. City data is full of weirdos.
Are you white? How can you be from Philadelphia and not see Chinese barbers; they are all up and down Kensington Avenue. What part of Philly you from?

race–bait·ing
noun, often attributive \ˈrās-ˌbā-tiŋ\
Definition of RACE-BAITING
: the making of verbal attacks against members of a racial group.

Who did I verbally attack? I was stating facts.

Chinese barbers know how to cut black hair and they just got here

Black and white people been in this country side by side since the 1600s, and the average white barber can't do a fade, nor do they probably know what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami