Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 12:34 AM

229 posts, read 533,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSicily954 View Post
How do I continuously bash on Miami?

Am I not telling the truth? Is this type of behavior not rampant in Miami? I don't give a damn about Philly or New York. I've never been to Philly or NYC. I'm talking about Miami.

It's not "bashing" if it's true. The truth is the truth. I know plenty of people who have no bias and feel the same way about Miami.
It's rampant among the people you specifically hangout with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 12:42 AM

166 posts, read 281,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
The majority of them are short and unattractive???

This guy is insane, what a joke of a person.
True. Latino men and women, most are short, have no necks and short legs. The reason for this is DNA as the Indian gene was so common in many Latin people. Think Ecuador. Well built people are almost always white European/white American. Nice necks, long legs, long arms, over 6 feet tall. This is totally opposite of Latinos but Latinos, especially the ladies are very sexy and Brazilians are the best looking.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:32 AM

179 posts, read 308,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCounty View Post
It's rampant among the people you specifically hangout with.
The hell it is.

If you read all my posts then you'd see the part where I mentioned that I don't surround myself with that nonsense. However, that doesn't mean that I don't witness it.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:02 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
If you want to see an absurd macho culture, go to many towns in the midwest, they thrive on this attitude, the whole "what are you looking at" in trying to start a fight every chance they get in order to prove who the heck knows what. In my opinion, Miami is tame in comparison in regards to the macho personality. Yes, a bunch of people in Miami act all macho and stuff, but I have never had any trouble or hint of trouble out of them, and for all the clubbing and bars going on, there really is not that much trouble that happens.

Things of course I know have changed in the years since I have lived in the midwest. The biggest change of course is the rule of law applied better; back when I lived there a fight was thought of as nothing, normal, now the cops would get called and people arrested, lawsuits, etc.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:55 PM

179 posts, read 308,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
If you want to see an absurd macho culture, go to many towns in the midwest, they thrive on this attitude, the whole "what are you looking at" in trying to start a fight every chance they get in order to prove who the heck knows what. In my opinion, Miami is tame in comparison in regards to the macho personality. Yes, a bunch of people in Miami act all macho and stuff, but I have never had any trouble or hint of trouble out of them, and for all the clubbing and bars going on, there really is not that much trouble that happens.

Things of course I know have changed in the years since I have lived in the midwest. The biggest change of course is the rule of law applied better; back when I lived there a fight was thought of as nothing, normal, now the cops would get called and people arrested, lawsuits, etc.
Not much trouble at clubs? Ha.

Flannigans in Kendall has to hire bouncers after 9pm on Friday and Saturday nights. Why in the hell should you need bouncers at a Flannigans restaurant? LOL

The most popular club at the Hard Rock literally has MULTIPLE fights every Friday and Saturday night. I have friends who bounce there and they say it's a constant thing. And these are suburban people fighting, this isn't a "hood" club. There's a dress code at the door.

I've never been to the Midwest but Miami, and South Florida in general, definitely has a "macho" problem. It's not just about fighting though, it's about much more. Everything is a pissing contest down here. Cars, clothes, money, muscles, etc etc etc. Everybody's trying to be bigger, badder and cooler than the next person. If you wanna make a ton of money down here just open a gym, become a plastic surgeon, a steroid dealer or a car salesman for BMW/Lexus/Benz.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:01 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
Quote:
Alot of these guys were raised by music and TV instead of a good set of parents. They're just acting how they THINK a man is supposed to act.
I think this is the problem.

There's some saying.. trying to look cool makes you look like a fool?

Seems too many don't get that.. they walk around looking like angry fools and nothing else.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:16 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Quote:
It's a suburban thing, my man. It's guys who think it's cool to be tough but have never gone through the trials that a make man truly tough. Most of these people grow up without ever having a real fist fight in their life. Their parents didn't smack them either, thus they grow up without fear of physical punishment. This gives them the idea that they can act as tough as they want to and talk to people disrespectfully and nothing will be done to them. They don't know any better because that's what they've done their whole life. They talked smack to their parents and didn't get touched. They talked smack to people in high school and didn't get touched. (cause they were talking smack to other suburban kids who wouldn't put them in their place)

You also have to realize that Miami is a fickle place that's obsessed with vanity. Everybody wants to be cool. People will go in dept so they can drive around in a Benz. People will pick up extra shifts at a local club/bar so they can buy cooler clothes. I've seen people down here go to all kinds of lengths to be "cool". The girls get plastic surgery and wear skimpy clothes and the men shoot steroids and wear tight shirts. It's like you said, South Florida is a massive pissing contest. Have you ever seen a city with so many gyms? You think people in Miami are just more health conscious than everybody else? Hell no! They're more concerned about their appearance than everybody else!

This is the main reason why I don't go out in South Florida. I don't have the temper for this kind of crap. I'm a big dude and I easily snap in the presence of rudeness/cockiness. I can't stand the pissing contest that is South Florida. My girl grew up in three cities...Medellin Colombia, Brooklyn and Miami...and she can't tolerate the BS in Miami either. We try to stay away from this element as much as possible.

I mean, for crying out loud, just go to a local sporting event in South Florida. These chicks dress up like their going to a club. It's a damn Dolphins game lady! You don't have to be sexy here. SMH LOL

Just FYI there's a Club LIV at the stadium. That's why you see this...

Old 06-25-2013, 08:33 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,363,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthematrix View Post
I'm not trying to stir a pot up here or have others think I'm the one with the attitude which I am not, I'm crazy humble and cool and have been raised in the worst neighborhoods and have seen so much death literally and crime and have had so many friends killed,end up in jail,or end up with drug addictions and over dose....but my question is...why on average do the born and raised Miami males out here act like its a #ick measure Contest everyday when they go out or when they are around others dudes? Its like they don't come from slums...they never had it that hard,there are so many runing around acting or i don't know what,with this fake chip on their shoulder with this need to show off,and to me they look like posers and most of the time are ....its truly sad...and its seems most cool people out here are all transplants that moved from other states, harder to get along with the ones that are born and raised here the ones that act like clowns 24 hrs a day and that when someone does really push back they truly shut up or run away....I'm trying to figure out when this all started this lack of respect in Miami with men vs men...because I came from really bad projects and streets with lots of bad things nothing to truly glorify, but I've notice people out here get away with smacking their lips and talking plenty..I'm wonder why others don't put them in their place....for example in north phiilly if you give the wrong person the middle finger while driving esp if your the one that cut them off....you will be followed and then pulled out of your car then beat the #$%# up.. that or shot....its happened plenty of times same thing goes for certain parts of NJ and NYC.... or even Cali, people stay in their lanes....and respect regardless that they are so called menaces and can start issues too...its seems here the people in the suburbs act as if they are going through hell and are so mad at the world and others around them you'd think they were raised in a crack house. I don't get this lack of respect here with the born and raised Miami people,you have beaches,beautiful weather,great looking woman, wtf are you mad at? ..... and of course not all.....I'm just saying
You need to travel more, its america man, american culture has gone WAY down hill. I blame pop culture for that and silly parents not teaching their kids how to act like human beings. I am going to relate a few stories to you.

1. I am on the train, headed into Manhattan from Corona Queens, with my father for God sakes, I am a grown man at this time. Anyway, I am day dreaming and staring off into space and I guess the space i was staring at was too close to where this one dude was staring. So he screams out "with the eff did you just say". Im thinking "come on son, you know damn well my mouth didn't move". I just smiled and shock my head and he kept it moving. Again, that old macho, I'm a tough guy B.S.

2. I am in Chicago and a group of young thugs in a SUV pull up beside my wife and I and start mouthing off. Im thinking, "you have no idea if I have a gun on me or what, and what is the point of all that"?

3. I'm in Charleston S.C. and I walk into bestbuy. See a WORKER standing there and I ask him for the video game section. he gives me this stupid look which i interpreted as "why don't you bother looking for it yourself". So i ask this guy again and he point to it without opening his mouth, with the same stupid look on his face like, "why don't you look for it".

My point is, its not just Miami, trust me. I have not had much issues in Miami with "tough guys" or people acting overly ridiculous to be honest. But it could also be the fact i don't go certain places. If it isn't on the east side of Miami, and rarely north of the Design District, I generally do not go there. So maybe i don't have access to those types.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:24 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Just FYI there's a Club LIV at the stadium. That's why you see this...
He has a point though, most girls in Miami dress like they are going to a club, even if they are just going to Walmart.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:29 PM

229 posts, read 533,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
You need to travel more, its america man, american culture has gone WAY down hill. I blame pop culture for that and silly parents not teaching their kids how to act like human beings. I am going to relate a few stories to you.

1. I am on the train, headed into Manhattan from Corona Queens, with my father for God sakes, I am a grown man at this time. Anyway, I am day dreaming and staring off into space and I guess the space i was staring at was too close to where this one dude was staring. So he screams out "with the eff did you just say". Im thinking "come on son, you know damn well my mouth didn't move". I just smiled and shock my head and he kept it moving. Again, that old macho, I'm a tough guy B.S.

2. I am in Chicago and a group of young thugs in a SUV pull up beside my wife and I and start mouthing off. Im thinking, "you have no idea if I have a gun on me or what, and what is the point of all that"?

3. I'm in Charleston S.C. and I walk into bestbuy. See a WORKER standing there and I ask him for the video game section. he gives me this stupid look which i interpreted as "why don't you bother looking for it yourself". So i ask this guy again and he point to it without opening his mouth, with the same stupid look on his face like, "why don't you look for it".

My point is, its not just Miami, trust me. I have not had much issues in Miami with "tough guys" or people acting overly ridiculous to be honest. But it could also be the fact i don't go certain places. If it isn't on the east side of Miami, and rarely north of the Design District, I generally do not go there. So maybe i don't have access to those types.
Wild Style, you are correct. There are two guys in this thread that are convinced that this is only in Miami when I have seen it everywhere. It is not because you didn't make it to other places in Miami. And it's not just a suburban thing as BigSicily954 says, as I see it in all incomes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami