Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 09:01 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,868,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
I find it laughable that the dependably ignorant and petrified members of society have jumped to the defense of George Zimmerman, in fact making it a cause. A gun owner killed somebody. Shocking development. Notice that Zimmerman is too scared to even call it a gun. He prefers the term firearm. That's every bit as much of a massage as his version of the story. The other guy's version is conveniently unavailable.

Let's just say if a tape were suddenly available I wouldn't have any trouble wagering heavily against George Zimmerman's account. Notice that there's been no testimony that Trayvon picked fights or escalated fights. Nothing from his friend on the phone that, "This guy is following me. I'm going to smack him." I guarantee the initial confrontation was caused by Zimmerman, who undoubtedly thought his gym training was sufficient to handle a skinny kid. The gym owner described Zimmerman as fat and pathetic but guys like that don't accept it. Heck, he never would have entered the gym if he thought he was a lost cause. After losing all that weight he was eager to test his new frame and skills. Only his utter ineptitude allowed Trayvon to seize advantage, and Zimmerman pathetically pulled his weapon. That's what gun owners do. They have that special wimp gene. Zimmerman was barely on cement while Trayvon was on grass. That aspect determined the difference in their injuries.

Regardless, there won't be as much demonstrating or rioting, not with a televised trial and talking heads analyzing and forecasting the outcome for weeks. Rioting greets the unexpected.

please do me a favor and stop posting,
you think too much with emotion and not enough logic.

srsly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 02:28 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,303,260 times
The defense is on the prosecution's 40 yard line and is trying to get into field goal position, even though a tie is all that is necessary for legal victory.

The judge has allowed the toxicology report as evidence (THC), but it may be relatively useless without further evidence of previous fighting history which appears to exist on recovered cell phone text, but the judge may not allow it based on concerns about authenticity. It is truly a lesson on the admissibility of evidence, especially relatively new high technology evidence. Anyway, she will make a ruling today starting at 8AM.

So far, then, the prosecution is defending its own 40 yard line in a tie, hoping for a fumble or interception to take it back the other way.

The judge will rule also early today on whether the defense can show a computer-produced animation of its version of events: my guess is that the judge will allow it as demonstrative evidence, showing it to the jury in the courtroom only, but not allow having it entered as "hard" evidence that the jury can view over and over again in the deliberation room when it comes time to render verdict.

We'll see.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:42 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Maybe we'll get Chantal and we will have for the first time riots during a tropical storm.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:23 AM

21 posts, read 55,744 times
I AM worried about the aftermath which is what brought me to this thread when I googled it.

A guy my husband works with said" I don't give a sh*t about Trayvon...I just need a new TV."

Ugh. Sad but true.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:59 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,472,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Maybe we'll get Chantal and we will have for the first time riots during a tropical storm.
Yeah. And then all the contraband locked up at the Miami Police Dept evidence storage will disappear.

Miami is an epic real life farce.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:59 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEACHPREK View Post
I AM worried about the aftermath which is what brought me to this thread when I googled it.

A guy my husband works with said" I don't give a sh*t about Trayvon...I just need a new TV."

Ugh. Sad but true.
Looting would be sad, but this reaction is what I fear the most:

Mob beats man on his own front porch

Like I have said before I think that mature folks will accept the jury's verdict, but the mob mentality can get vicious very fast.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:11 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,003,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
Looting would be sad, but this reaction is what I fear the most:

Mob beats man on his own front porch

Like I have said before I think that mature folks will accept the jury's verdict, but the mob mentality can get vicious very fast.
Hope nothing like this happens. That would be horrible. We need to trust the justice system. If he is found guilty appeals will go one for some time.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:09 PM

9,358 posts, read 14,303,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach
People who have taken the time to view this trial even in part will realize that this was ... about human stupidity. ... They should just give the guy a couple of years in a nice jail after convicting him of involuntary man slaughter ...... He screwed up...and the poor Martin is dead for not knowing that he should flee idiots rather than ... standing his ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I agree in the sense that the prosecution is seeking too high a charge, I think a lesser charge, like involuntary manslaughter, would have a much higher chance of ending in a conviction. But couple of years in a nice jail may be too lenient, perhaps 5-7 years in an average jail with chance of earlier parole for good behavior etc.

Again, just one man's perceptions based on television images and various news reports.

I also hope there are no riots, we don't need violence, injuries and property damage or worse. What for?
I buy the prosecution's argument that the defendent wrongly tried to play the role of policeman, and messed it up very badly.

After that, in my view, the rest is shrouded in doubt.

At this point it appears that the second degree murder charge has very little chance of a conviction.

However, there is a reasonable chance that the jury could convict the defendent of manslaughter with a firearm if they do not buy the self-defense argument. If so, then the defendent would face a minimum of 9.25 years and up to 30 years in prison.

So I was close.

There could also be a hung jury.

But if a conviction, years of appeals.

Either way, let's hope for the blessing of continued relative peace in Miami and elsewhere in Florida.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:11 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,688,437 times
IF there are riots. The police should come down hard. I'm talking HARD. Make them never want to riot again. Let the judicial system work and accept the law of the land. Riots accomplish nothing in regards to these types of things.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:06 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,419,286 times
I hope he wont go down that road. I told my fam to just stay in the house and away from crowds until this thing is over
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami