Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2013, 04:52 AM

5 posts, read 20,674 times

Advertisements

Are there lots of bugs (roaches, spiders...) and mosquitoes crawling and flying outside in the "off" season (November-April)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 08:00 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
No there are not as many bugs during the winter. The spiders also go and hide, not like the summer you can walk right into a web on the sidewalks.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:02 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22 View Post
Are there lots of bugs (roaches, spiders...) and mosquitoes crawling and flying outside in the "off" season (November-April)?
There are no mosquitoes on Miami Beach ever. They can't breed in salt water. MB has a billion roaches and 900000 alley cats. Some of the roaches in Miami are turbo prop and you can hear their engines as they buzz by at night.

Sand fleas sleep deep under the sand during the day - but at night they will consume you completely if you fall asleep on the beach.

When you go out in the water, check for jellyfish and do not touch them - not even dead ones. And if you see a blue globe looking thing floating on the water within 100 feet of you, get out. That's a Man-o-war and it's name says it all. They have 100 ft tentacles that will hospitalize you for a week.

Don't jump off the pier into Gov't Cut. There are barracudas sleeping under the pier, and if you wake them up they're likely to be in a bad mood. Big shark also follow to boats in. I saw a 15 ft tiger shark along the Mac.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:31 AM

823 posts, read 1,125,109 times
I live in The Crossings and I don't see many roaches or spiders out here. Mosquitoes can be bad right after sundown, but bug repellant usually works. The thing I have a lot of is ants, thousands of them. Some of them are so small, you can hardly see them, others are bigger. They're around all year, summer and winter. I spend a lot of time killing ants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: