Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2006, 04:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,322 times

Advertisements

Me and my husband live in Detroit and I am taking a new job down by the Port of Miami with a cruise line.

My husband doesn't have a job yet and we were trying to find a place to hang our hat. I heard the North Miami/Aventura area is a good middle ground in case he gets a job in lauderdale.

Any suggestions for a good neighborhood. We like condo living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2006, 05:42 AM

243 posts, read 1,097,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit2miami View Post
Me and my husband live in Detroit and I am taking a new job down by the Port of Miami with a cruise line.

My husband doesn't have a job yet and we were trying to find a place to hang our hat. I heard the North Miami/Aventura area is a good middle ground in case he gets a job in lauderdale.

Any suggestions for a good neighborhood. We like condo living.

Aventura is midway between downtown Miami + Ft. Lauderdale. Most employment centers in S.Fla are within an hour drive of Aventura in rush hour. Plenty of condo choices in Aventura area as well, plus it's one of the nicest areas in S.FLorida. Personally I'd stick with the Aventura/Sunny Isles/Hallandale Beach area.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:10 PM

46 posts, read 194,085 times
d2m

i agree with sunny...if you like condo living you cannot go wrong with aventura....besides they hv a great mall and lots of things to do...nice mall, beaches are pretty, and many fine restaurants. also close to miami and lauderdale. stay out of n miami. sunny isles also nice as trump has a building there. i live in hallandale beach...again nice here and not as expensive as aventura. good luck.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:22 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,027 times
Welcome to FL! Those areas are all great & depending on your budget, don't rule out Miami Beach!
Glad to have another Pistons/Tigers fan in town!

Old 11-27-2006, 03:34 PM

22 posts, read 94,987 times
I think Hallandale-Hollywood areas worth to concieder.Its right in between of points of your interest and they have same new waterfront developments.*Beachclub* for example
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami