Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 01:19 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
LOL! I had no idea. No wonder people want to go to Miami from all over the world!

I still lament the lack of half naked men, though. Is that just the show or are men not allowed to go shirtless?
If you go to SoBe, you will see more exposed male there than well - most anywhere actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Men are allowed shirtless in the streets, but kids tend to do that the most. They won't be allowed to be at any restaurant though.
What about at the Clevelander? Is that still there?

Old 09-01-2013, 10:43 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
What about at the Clevelander? Is that still there?
Why wouldn't it still be there? It's one of the most popular outdoor poolside bars in South Beach.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Why wouldn't it still be there? It's one of the most popular outdoor poolside bars in South Beach.
Dunno. It's been there for like twenty years - for all I know it could have been replaced by a church.

Anyways, the op was asking if there were any people in swimsuits in MB restaurants/bars. I'm guessing the answer would be that at the Clevelander there are.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:31 PM

3 posts, read 3,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I'm sure not everyone is beautiful in their bikinis in Miami, but I was curious if women really run around the streets in bikinis?

I've noticed there's a serious lack of half naked men in the show, too. Not fair
South Beach definitely has bikini-clad people strolling around. My mom just saw her first BBW in a g-string (blocks from the beach) when I drove her through SoBe.

I'm in North Beach, and we also have bikini-clad people roaming about frequently, but I'm still only a block from the ocean.

It would be supremely odd to see someone wearing a bikini while strolling through Mary Brickell Village or Midtown (across the bay in Miami). However, I've noticed that many Miamians have a very high tolerance for odd behavior, so I can't say that it would actually cause any sort of commotion.

Within reasonable proximity to the beach, I do see people in swimsuits (some do have sheer cover-ups on - many don't) at 7-11, most restaurants on Collins that offer any sort of fast food, takeout, outdoor, or super-casual dining, CVS, Walgreens, Publix, etc.

I think Burn Notice is probably ripping you off on the half naked men. We have plenty of them here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami