Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 03:11 PM

93 posts, read 309,530 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, just though that I can avoid these neighborhoods, which hoods have the most murders? What are these close to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 07:32 PM

169 posts, read 308,441 times
Overtown.
Liberty city.
Lil haiti.

Overtown is right in front of downtown and oldest neighborhood built in miami.
We don't mess with ppl. You'll be fine as long as you ain't insult anybody or act suspicious around us in our own neighborhood. We got alot of pride because most of us that live here have been here for generations. I'm talking great grandma on down. Poorest section of miami and dade county, and this is after being heavily gentrified believe it or not.

The City is lined linearly with allapatah behind it, and lil haiti to the east of it. When it comes to the gunplay murder rep of miami, they got the title for the last couple years. Liberty city boys are the real deal. You wanna talk beef in different cities you been to? Well I don't know anywhere but in the city where next door neighbors heave big ass fights every other night and where boys literally across the street shoot at eachother. Overtown and The City always had what you can call a rivalry with eachother, back in the day it was more serious as nowadays we just crack jokes on eachother usually. Liberty city calls us dirty and poor (despite the rest of dade feeling the same for them as well as us) and We always creak jokes about them killing eachother. The city has no time to "beef" with other miami neighborhoods (even though they sometimes do and are more than capable of) because the city "beefs" with itself. The city also dwarfs overtown in comparison.

Lil Haiti is... You guessed it, a little version of haiti. It's been gentrified like the two areas above although haiti nor the city have been gentrified the likes overtown has been. This is the neighborhood all haitians that enjoy street culture in miami or are involved in the streets of miami "worship". Poorest haitian neighborhood in miami. Overtown was home of the.Vonda.gang while the city was home of john does, lil haiti birthed the zoe pound. Haitians are also known as Zoes.in miami. I literally just got back to my uncles house in scott lake (miami gardens) from my cousin house in lil haiti. Out of the near two weeks I was over there there was shooting before I arrived, shooting the whole give days of that week at night, shootong on sunday and shooting on two days out the last week. Police raided the house next to the neighbors about three times. The house across the street from us was on fire and the fire department had to put it out. Everything that happened, happened soley in the area of lil haiti my cousins stay. Lil haiti also dwarfs overtown. No they're not haitian, the part they live in is alot of blacks with two spanish family (one was the house that burned down). That is also the part closest to overtown even though wynwood is between the two neighborhoods.

In miami in general, haitians are known for jumping. You fight one zoe, you fight them all.

I left some stuff out but man growing up in the inner city miami is a damn good experience, fun times and bad times. Makes you tough, street smart and kind hearted at the same time. Every resident of the neighborhoods above got utmost pride in where they came from even if they don't like the conditions or treatment because of it.
I still remember when me and my cousin got chased by a pitbull through overtown when we was little, about 4 & 5. The pitbull literally only chased us from one end of 2ct (part of town I'm from) to three other end and around two corners until we jumped a gate. I can still almost swear to god the dog jumped the gate with us. Those were the days tho. The dig belonged to a dead friend of my old girl that I use to wanna hang wit and follow all the time. Killed him right on 2ct too.

Overtown is also called "town" for short. Us who are from there are referred to as "towners".

I posted enough.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:33 PM

1 posts, read 6,940 times
Just be safe. Ask around town like a Realtor.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:26 PM

Overtown, you ever kill somebody?

Old 09-24-2013, 09:39 PM

981 posts, read 890,038 times
cant wait to see this answer...is this guy for real?

Old 09-25-2013, 01:46 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,146,302 times
Boooooooahahahhahahahah ><

Old 09-25-2013, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderNYC View Post
Overtown, you ever kill somebody?
nope. probably will in the army tho

Old 09-25-2013, 10:47 AM

Well thats good to hear, I'm not big fan of violence, will make sure to stear clear of these locations.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Well thats good to hear, I'm not big fan of violence, will make sure to stear clear of these locations.
You really won't have any problems overtown, residences don't bother people. If you ever do stop there I suggest going to jackson soul food restaurant on 10th street off 3rd avenue, best soul food in dade county.
From old southern catfish dishes to miami conch dishes. They do breakfast, lunch and dinner. My teacher from chicago told me he ate there and really wanted to make it a daily experience but he's white and soul food has the grease and the fried...

In liberty city I suggest a place called crab stop off 27th ave, in the middle of brown subs.
It's off a main street so you shouldn't have any problems. Service is great and food can literally give wingstop a run for their money if it wasn't so under the radar and smack dab in the middle of brown subs. Honestly I tell you no lie about that place.

In lil haiti I obviously will suggest chef creole, but I like the one located in north miami rhythm 119th.street even better. Probably because the one in North miami fries their lemon pepper wings while the one in lil haiti grills or bakes them. I prefer fried foods though so it's up to you. Best restaurants in each neighborhood, I'm the type of person that would be hard pressed about deciding whether to order pizza or saving up for a new pair of jordans. Plenty ppl are surprised whu I'm in shape with the way I eat.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:48 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,033,103 times
Quote:
Hey guys, just though that I can avoid these neighborhoods, which hoods have the most murders? What are these close to?

Overtown, Liberty City, Alapattah, Miami Gardens, Brownsville, Goulds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami