Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 11:21 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,939,956 times

Advertisements

L bus to 79th and Biscayne then a #3 to downtown is also possible, but it depends on the schedules whether it's worth it to try the transfer.

You are going to be cursing at how slow the Metromover is if you ride it all the way from Omni to Brickell. What I usually do is take the bus past Omni, get off at NE 3st and 2nd ave, it's the first stop after the bus turns off of Biscayne. That bus stop is right next to a Metromover station (College/Bayside) and you can take a Brickell loop train from there. I usually check train tracker on my phone to determine if it's worth it to transfer from the Metromover to the Metrorail at Govt. Center (takes me about a minute to get up to the Metrorail platform). On the way back, I take the Mover to Bayfront Park station, cross Biscayne, and the bus stop is right there (I use #93, you probably want to take #120 back, so get off at the "College/Bayside" stop and the #120 bus stop is on NE 2nd ave.... I know, it should be more straightforward). The thing I don't like about Government Center is the regular bus transfers are 2-3 blocks away, and then you've got to go up the escalators and stairs, I miss too many transfers in this process...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 01:12 PM

9 posts, read 15,982 times
I agree about Baylink. It would be so great.
Looks like it's up for consideration again. I believe it would work well.
Is BayLink Back? Study For Miami-Miami Beach Light Rail Approved (Again)

Old 09-26-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
What I usually do is take the bus past Omni, get off at NE 3st and 2nd ave, it's the first stop after the bus turns off of Biscayne. That bus stop is right next to a Metromover station (College/Bayside) and you can take a Brickell loop train from there. I usually check train tracker on my phone to determine if it's worth it to transfer from the Metromover to the Metrorail at Govt. Center (takes me about a minute to get up to the Metrorail platform). On the way back, I take the Mover to Bayfront Park station, cross Biscayne, and the bus stop is right there (I use #93, you probably want to take #120 back, so get off at the "College/Bayside" stop and the #120 bus stop is on NE 2nd ave.... I know, it should be more straightforward). The thing I don't like about Government Center is the regular bus transfers are 2-3 blocks away, and then you've got to go up the escalators and stairs, I miss too many transfers in this process...

This is a huge help! I was looking for a transfer to Metromover that would not involve as long a walk...perfection. Thank you!

Old 09-26-2013, 01:38 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justabluday View Post
I am starting a job in Brickell and live in Miami Beach. Don't want to buy a car at this point. Job starts at 7am so I see I have two options. I would need to take the 119 to Government Center then taking the Metromover to financial district. Or the L bus to Hialeah Station/ Metro Rail/ Metromover. Trip needs to start around 5:15am to make certain I get there on time. Anyone use public transport at that hour? I am very comfortable with public transport during the day.
Thank you in advance for any information.

You might want to check the Metrorail schedule. I don't think it starts that early.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
You might want to check the Metrorail schedule. I don't think it starts that early.

I checked, it does.
First train out of Hialeah is at 5:08 am.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:49 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,323,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post

You are going to be cursing at how slow the Metromover is if you ride it all the way from Omni to Brickell.
You can say that again!

Metromover is an incredibly inefficient system and is many times not even worth the fare you pay to ride it...

Old 09-26-2013, 06:05 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
You can say that again!

Metromover is an incredibly inefficient system and is many times not even worth the fare you pay to ride it...
Well what do you expect when the actual fare on the Metromover is free!

Old 09-26-2013, 08:46 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,323,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
the actual fare on the Metromover is free!
My point exactly

Old 09-27-2013, 10:30 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,864 times
At that hour you will find homeless riding and they begin to get out by six am. By 6:30 it begins to pick up a lot. Hubby has had to come in super early some times and he stands out in a crowd as being a non Hispanic mid westerner. The worst he has ever had to deal with is a homeless guy that clearly needed meds but he was not alone with the guy.

There are plenty of stops if you need to get out and get the next train.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:29 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justabluday View Post
I checked, it does.
First train out of Hialeah is at 5:08 am.

Wow, they must have heard the complaints about starting at 6. Great to know, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami