Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 07:29 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times

Advertisements

Since everything is illegal this does not surprise me anymore.

http://youtu.be/f9Q3LWgmpg0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 10:52 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,080 times
If you don't want to watch a video, here is a brief article:

Miami Shores Couple Files Lawsuit Over Ban on Front-Yard Vegetable Gardens

Old 12-03-2013, 11:41 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,822,462 times
The federal government along with many other levels of government are promoting healthier eating, the sale of more organic fruits and vegetables, people growing their own fruits and vegetables, neighborhood vegetable gardens and city/urban community gardens, yet the Miami Shore Village is going against it. Government going against government and its citizens at the taxpayers expense. The homeowners should not have to pay and fight this one, another government agency should step in and put the Miami Shores Village back in their place. It seems as though they are interfering in the federal governments vision and plan.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:37 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,517 times
Well I hope they had a backyard so they could at least grow some veggies there. Some collards are the ornament types and well as some chillies.

So ornaments are fine but plants are not, who are these folks that are running Miami Shores?

Old 12-04-2013, 08:01 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Miami Shores has the elitist attitude that they can improve living standards through beating its residents with force. It is the same everywhere since you are forbidden from owning property in the US and can only hold it conditionally by following the owner's rules and paying it a lease every year. We call it zoning and property tax, but it really amounts to "you can never own your own home". The sheep will defend it as for the "common good" but we all know that since government is no longer representing the common man, and has no common sense, it can have nothing to do with "good".

Old 12-04-2013, 10:21 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
I have a vegetable garden in the backyard and some times it doesn't look all that great, so I can see how a village would't want to see a vegetable garden that doesn't look nice. I also grow pineapple plants in the front yard (a beautiful plant). I see she used many pots put into the ground (with a one or two inch of the exposed pot above the ground) that isn't ascetically pleasing to the neighbors I'm sure. It looks like she also has a drip system, which can be nicely hidden. I also see that she used a lot of black weed barrier material, while also not ascetically pleasing to the neighbors I'm sure. I wonder if she had just planted beds with out the weed barrier material (I know more work) and planted the seeds or onion bulbs directly in the ground not in the pots, if she would of gotten a better reception from the Village about her garden?

Miami Shores Village would hate this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP8FfAERyXU

Last edited by doggiebus; 12-04-2013 at 10:30 AM..

Old 12-04-2013, 01:23 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,518,260 times
doggiebus - I doubt she would have gotten a different response as the code mentions no vegetables in the front yard. If it was kept neat, it may now have been noticed... I'm sure the town and neighbors would have still noticed.

Aside from the guy being a little neurotic, I kinda liked his garden, even though the used his ENTIRE front yard for it and it doesn't look all that aesthetically pleasing for a front yard either. It would be a killer backyard garden though.

Can you imagine trying either in the Gables?

Old 12-04-2013, 01:29 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,364,475 times
Dakster

I would imagine someone would blow a blood vessel if that was done in the Gables. They don't even allow pick up trucks over there, which is absurdly obnoxious to me.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:22 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,518,260 times
Pickups are now allowed, believe it or not.

How Coral Gables Has Been Doing Since It Lifted The Pickup Truck Ban | WLRN

Old 12-04-2013, 02:26 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,364,475 times
^^

Good! What a moronic and pretentious rule to begin with!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami