Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2014, 08:20 PM

167 posts, read 246,575 times

Advertisements

Hey, I was just wondering what are the averages for 2 bedrooms anywhere in miami as long as its safe. If someone knows the lowest prices that would be great.

Please and thank you.

Oh, and miami beach, miracle mile or anywhere that can reach downtown fast amd easy via public transportation is great too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 10:18 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,939,956 times
You have to define "fast and easy." Assuming you mean under a half hour with no transfers, South Beach could work. However, then you have major reliability and bus crowding issues...On paper it's around a half hour, but it can take an hour some days, and unless you get on at the first stop at Govt. Center, you're probably standing the whole time. At least $1500 for a small 2br in South Beach, closer to $2k for a larger/nicer one, way more with amenities.

You might want to look along the Metrorail line, especially South Miami and Dadeland. I believe you can still find 2br for around $1200 walking distance to those stations, then it's a 15-20 minute ride to downtown. The thing is those areas are not as pedestrian friendly if you don't plan to have a car.

Miracle Mile would be a bit pricey, but I believe the Coral Way Limited bus will take you to Brickell in around a half hour.

Miami's upper east side (Biscayne Blvd.) has decent bus service and is getting to be more safe and walkable, not entirely sure about prices though I imagine not under $1200, and that's if you're lucky...

Old 02-05-2014, 11:28 PM

167 posts, read 246,575 times
By fast and easy, I would go with 30 minutes and it doesn't matter if there's transfers. If its a little longer than 30 its fine.

What matters most to me is living in an area that is safe, doesnt have to be fancy, and where all the essentials, or at least most, are reachable either by foot or public trans within 10 minutes. I guess 15 minutes is fine although im not sure, and i think it could get annoying to me having to walk or ride something for 15 minutes every time i wanted to go to one of the essentials.

Essentials would be places like a pharmacy, supermarket or at least a bodega to buy food and supplies, some low priced food joints and you get the deal.

I don't mind riding a bus or train 30 minutes or more to get to downtown the area.

It doesn't have to be in the city, it can be in the suburbs.

Last edited by citylover1; 02-06-2014 at 12:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami