Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 02:45 PM

7 posts, read 29,893 times

Advertisements

Unincorporated Miami-Dade County crime stats going back to 1980:

Uniform Crime Reports of Miami Dade Pol and Index from 1985 to 2005
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 04:07 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
Robert - Didn't say you don't know what you are talking about. But this year 2007 something has changed, I don't know what it is, if its the economy or what, but the crime is up in East Kendall, so I can bet its up in West Kendall as they are right next to one another. If the crime reports for 2007 come back low again, the books are getting cooked for sure. I can't wait to see what the FBI comes back with.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:22 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I just did a search of the crime in one area of West Kendall there is crime. Many people don't know what is going in their area. I have some in my neighborhood that think there is no crime in East Kendall.

The little squares and triangles are crime incidents that have happened in the last month and a half.
Attachment 11320
That's not that bad. What kinds of crimes are those, burglaries? People think "no crime" no matter where they live. You could live in the most podunk town or a comfortable neighborhood within the biggest city and think you have "no crime" and you will be stunned to read a police blotter. There are burglaries, domestic disputes and thefts happening in even the safest towns in cities by minimum once a week.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:25 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
That's not that bad. What kinds of crimes are those, burglaries? People think "no crime" no matter where they live. You could live in the most podunk town or a comfortable neighborhood within the biggest city and think you have "no crime" and you will be stunned to read a police blotter. There are burglaries, domestic disputes and thefts happening in even the safest towns in cities by minimum once a week.
Yeah, I bet those are the crimes reported in East Kendall. Those types of crimes are not serious at all. They're probably just some domestic type stuff, or burglary like you mentioned.

Now if it's shootings and drug dealers it's something to become a little more concerned about.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:32 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
Yep they are burglaries of homes, cars, and businesses.

I agree even small towns have crime. And it doesn't matter what kind of crime it is, it is still a crime, just look at Sean Taylor it was a burglary in Palmetto Bay "a safe area" in Miami and he lost his life. Some people just come on here and think that there is no crime in their area, but there is when you do a little research. Anyways got to go, have nice evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post

Old 12-08-2007, 04:35 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Yep they are burglaries of homes, cars, and businesses.

I agree even small towns have crime. And it doesn't matter what kind of crime it is, it is still a crime, just look at Sean Taylor it was a burglary in Palmetto Bay "a safe area" in Miami and he lost his life. Some people just come on here and think that there is no crime in their area, but there is when you do a little research. Anyways got to go, have nice evening.
It's true, that that was a home invasion robbery, which is even worse. No place is immune. I am still disgusted with that incident to say the least...

BUT have a nice, crime free evening yourself .

Old 12-08-2007, 09:46 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,463,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
I checked pbso.org for people arrested in my neighborhood the past year and around 30 people came up, many of them I know! Wow, you sometimes never know what goes on. Apparently some guy who lives five homes down from me is a drug dealer and one of my friends was arrested for domestic violence.

Some listings for Miami and Broward also come up if you're interested.

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office - Booking Blotter

Be sure to set the starting date back to 2000.

Got a few in my bldg too... just goes to show you, we are all not immuned!

Old 12-09-2007, 10:42 AM

385 posts, read 1,891,304 times
to those who saying they see no crime.. well.. if you live in west kendall that may be your answer; if it looks anything like the kendall i seldom visit. not all of us have the luxury of living in closed communities with gates.

rofl look this guy lives right around my house
Moderator cut: removed name
Quote:
HIALEAH, FL 33010 Facility: TIME SERVED

Booking Number: 2007000592
OBTS Number: 5003202171 Booking Date: 01/04/2007 Time: 10:49
Arresting Agency: 01 - PBSO Officer: VASQUEZ
Release Date: 07/17/07 Time: 02:12 Holds For Other Agencies:No
Warrant Number: N/A Jacket Number: 0316498
Charges:
9999.0004 -RE-COMMIT

Original Bond: $0.00 Current Bond: $0.00
* 1. TRAFFICKING WHILE ARMED 400 OR MORE GRAMS/2&4 NOT CHARGES

* 3. CONSPIRACY TO TRAFFIC IN COCAINE (400 OR MORE GRAMS)/2005CF006000CXX

Last edited by Keeper; 12-09-2007 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: please do not copy person's name and post it here

Old 12-13-2007, 09:07 PM

25 posts, read 125,046 times
Miami is ( like ANY Major city ) a dangerous place. There are the ghettos and the suburbs. Not meaning that you will get shot always in the ghetto or will be home - free in the suburbs. You just must use common sense ! Overtown is fabled as a bad place. It is sad because this is one of America's OLDEST African American communities with SOOO MUCH history and culture. It's sad that a few bad people mess it up for so many more in this tight-knit community. These people have been living there for years and years so they KNOW if you are not from there. Most of the people that stereotype these places have NO STREETSMARTS and think they got it like that ....you don't ! lol. I usually drive around Miami to take a look at the diffrent neighborhoods and love how diffrent they are. I live in Kendall and hate it. It is OK to raise a family if you like endless traffic , 44 shopping plaza's and....not much else. It is full of immigrant turned yuppies, MILFS , and "gangster kids" lol that would never make it in the real hood. Mostly in the upper income bracket ...everyone here thinks they are HOT MODEL , SEXY PAPI , or GODS GIFT TO THE EARTH or ALL OF THE ABOVE. LOL. ITs hilairous !

Old 12-14-2007, 09:30 PM

37 posts, read 115,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM530 View Post
Miami is ( like ANY Major city ) a dangerous place. There are the ghettos and the suburbs. Not meaning that you will get shot always in the ghetto or will be home - free in the suburbs. You just must use common sense ! Overtown is fabled as a bad place. It is sad because this is one of America's OLDEST African American communities with SOOO MUCH history and culture. It's sad that a few bad people mess it up for so many more in this tight-knit community. These people have been living there for years and years so they KNOW if you are not from there. Most of the people that stereotype these places have NO STREETSMARTS and think they got it like that ....you don't ! lol. I usually drive around Miami to take a look at the diffrent neighborhoods and love how diffrent they are. I live in Kendall and hate it. It is OK to raise a family if you like endless traffic , 44 shopping plaza's and....not much else. It is full of immigrant turned yuppies, MILFS , and "gangster kids" lol that would never make it in the real hood. Mostly in the upper income bracket ...everyone here thinks they are HOT MODEL , SEXY PAPI , or GODS GIFT TO THE EARTH or ALL OF THE ABOVE. LOL. ITs hilairous !
Well said! I couldn't have put it better myself...Kendall is not a good place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami