Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:44 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,289,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlitosway

I'm back here for the Holidays and to get some things in order, but to none-of-my surprise, Miami hasn't changed a bit. I went shopping to Cutler Bay Mall, and all I saw was the same old thing. Rude, unfriendly people left and right. Cops in the mall, empty police patrol cars parked outside the mall (as if people didn’t know they are empty). Dirty streets, overweight people. (grossly overweight) Wow, even the store clerks were rude and unpleasant. I've been in Las Cruces only a few months and believe me. There is just not comparison between the two cities. I am not sorry I left. I heard about the cops being killed in Fort Lauderdale, and the chain of banks and armored trucks being struck by crime. Same old, same old…
I can’t wait to leave again.

Question: Is there any hope for this city?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclehead View Post
Wow how deep and profound .... and would not this be like going back to Hialeah after leaving and judging all of South Florida by your experience ?
Well, it's no different than people basing all of Dade county from a short trip to South Beach. I hate that because its not even Miami. For some of us, Cutler Ridge is a lot more representative of what we see every day than South Beach (which is mostly a tourist thing anyway).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 08:16 AM

546 posts, read 2,141,950 times
You're gonna complain about Miami and you moved to Las Cruces?! A border town?! Wow...

And the empty cop cars outside mean the cops are inside the mall working off-duty. Kinda like all the empty cars in the parking lot mean people are inside shopping.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:12 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,825,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Well, it's no different than people basing all of Dade county from a short trip to South Beach. I hate that because its not even Miami. For some of us, Cutler Ridge is a lot more representative of what we see every day than South Beach (which is mostly a tourist thing anyway).
I see what your saying, but you don't have to live in an area like that if you don't want to. I'm sure there are areas in Las Cruces that are like that too. Looking up the statistics, it actually looks like it has more poverty than even the CITY of Miami and income SLIPPAGE, and with a median income of 30k and falling and a meadian home cost of 120k, it has a bubble too. Looks like crime is also signifigantly above the national average. But if you live in South Florida and can't afford a better area than South Dade, you could, like the OP, leave, and move to a better area somewhere else where it's more affordable. And remember, theres always a county up, a whole different world that's generally perceived to be "Better" than Miami and a lot of places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami