Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:45 PM

74 posts, read 619,614 times

Advertisements

is Miami anything like NYC? With all the hustle and bustle NYC has. This it have the NYC attitude fashionistas pompous men etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 09:09 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,363,340 times
nope and what does "this it have the NYC attitude fashionistas pompous men etc" mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxMover View Post
is Miami anything like NYC? With all the hustle and bustle NYC has. This it have the NYC attitude fashionistas pompous men etc

Old 12-10-2007, 09:15 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,463,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
nope and what does "this it have the NYC attitude fashionistas pompous men etc" mean?
Can't wait for that explanation!

Old 12-11-2007, 02:50 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
is Miami anything like NYC? With all the hustle and bustle NYC has.
Downtown Miami has no vibrant street life, except for cars. The only hustle and bustle is to get from an air-conditioned dwelling to an air-conditioned car to an air-conditioned office and back again.

In the US, the only cities comparable to NY in this sense that quickly come to mind are San Francisco, Chicago, and Boston.

Otherwise you have to go to London (superior to NY in my view) and certain cities in continental Europe and South America (I can't speak for Asia).

There are a few restricted areas in and around downtown/Brickell with restaurants and music (there was a thread on this a few weeks ago). Your best bet, however, would be to go to Miami Beach, across the causeway, but this is almost exclusively residential and tourist.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:29 AM

57 posts, read 59,337 times
Quote:

I think you should re-word the second sentence you said because we can't understand what you are saying ....thank you

Old 12-11-2007, 08:57 AM

546 posts, read 2,147,282 times
Moderator cut: deleted post

I've lived in both cities and Miami and New york are nothing alike. Completely apples and oranges. New York is denser in population and construction, millions more people, set up for public transportation whereas Miami is sprawled out. I agree with the poster that said a comparison can be made between New York and London...also Paris and Chicago. No comparison, just a stark contrast in my opinion.

Last edited by Keeper; 12-11-2007 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: Please report such post..

Old 12-11-2007, 09:22 AM

123 posts, read 134,386 times
It's not meant as criticism. I live next to NY'ers and they tell me that they are the most rude and upfront folks on the planet. Miami is a very rude and aggresive place with poor customer service, where is the disagreement eh?

Old 12-11-2007, 09:29 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305guy View Post
Nice comment...where are the moderators?
No ned for one to respond to an opinion.

Quote:
New York is denser in population and construction, millions more people, set up for public transportation whereas Miami is sprawled out.
Well, New York City has been around since before the invention of the automobile. Miami really didn't see much growth until the 1940's to 1950's. You design a city quite differently if there are no cars.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:42 AM

518 posts, read 2,226,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305guy View Post
I've lived in both cities and Miami and New york are nothing alike. Completely apples and oranges.
Very accurate assessment. If not for the many former New Yorkers here, you probably wouldn't hear many New York/Miami comparisons. I tend to compare Miami/South Florida more with other Sun Belt, gateway-to-Latin-America-type boomtowns like Dallas, Houston and Phoenix. They face some of the same issues in terms of growth management, education, immigration, etc.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:28 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,363,340 times
He is saying the people in south florida, in his opinion are like new yorkers in that they both have a rude and aggressive nature. I 100% disagree with him in that I am from NYC, go to Brooklyn often and every time I am there I meet and strike up convos with random people on the train, or out on the street. In south florida this has rarely if ever the case. Now new yorkers are very "hustle and bustle, gotta get to my destination so don't get in my way" types which is similar to here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Sorry to be rude and aggressive but...What the hell are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami