Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 09:20 AM

4 posts, read 5,978 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

One of our cars was stolen last night from our apartment complex near N River Drive in Miami. I wanted post the car here and see if by any luck somebody from the miami community spots it somewhere in Dade county.

Picture is attached

Last three letters of tag is IFT

Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Stolen 95 Honda Civic EX 2 Door Coupe-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 08:02 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,878,755 times
Good luck in your search. Honda Civics and Accords are among the most stolen vehicles anywhere.

Will never get one again. I used to live in Jersey (you can see where this is going...), and the car's windows were shattered 3 times. It was a stick shift and had a shift lock, so the thieves tore the inside apart each time out of anger but did not have the tools needed to break off the lock and steal it. Then one day it was gone. The cops actually laughed when we reported it - it was hard to tell if they were even going to try to find it, since Jersey is... well, Jersey. Stolen car capital of the world.

A few weeks later, got a call, they found it! They weren't actually looking, but the thieves had been joyriding and abandoned it in front of a fire hydrant. The cops found it by writing a ticket, and running the plate thus realizing it was actually stolen. Had they been better drivers, I never would have seen it again.

So miracles do happen! But, not sure what a miracle getting it back was. In the end, got rid of the car because of the constant hassle and damage repairs, and since then I have always intentionally chosen a car listed among the least stolen in the nation. Have had a Saturn, a Subaru, and a Prius (bought in 2009, at the height of its unpopularity due to deaths). All used and under 10k. [The Subaru was 2.4k!] They have been the greatest purchases, because they lasted well past 150,000miles with minimal repairs, I've never had to worry about parking them somewhere because nobody wants them, and no windows to fix. Made my quality of life so much better.

I wish you luck with finding yours. And when you do, I advise you to trade it in for something on the least stolen, and also most reliable, lists. Worrying about car theft is an awful feeling, and so not worth it.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:54 AM

4 posts, read 5,978 times
Thanks. The civic was an extra car we had around but like you said civics are really easy to get into and therefore I'm definitely never ever getting a car from Honda ever again.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:42 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,665,456 times
I am amazed anyone would steal such a car, maybe they strip them for parts and smuggle the parts out of the country.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:01 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,015,426 times
Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami