Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 07:45 PM

24 posts, read 114,127 times

Advertisements

by the way...why doesnt the city just clean up the garbage on the public streets and the break down the run down 18th century ghetto buildings. Doesnt the mayor or whatever he's called care about his city??? Like I would be so embarassed if I were him.
I was driving down calle ocho one day and Im like wow dont people get fined for littering? Dont they have people who work for the city to keep it clean? They should just have a cop stationed there to hand out tickets. sooner or later people will learn. ewww imagine the diseases also. I actually saw a homeless man "going to the washroom" behind a garbage can!

Old 03-08-2008, 10:30 PM

55 posts, read 243,694 times
I saw a drunk spring breaker **** behind a pay phone on 13th and washington 45mins ago! I'm with you though, there's a lot of trash and half of it Moderator cut: Please do not degrade the human race

Last edited by 2goldens; 03-25-2008 at 11:59 AM..

Old 03-09-2008, 09:43 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
Yes it is bad, I live in what is considered a nice safe area. And they finally caught three men that have be braking into cars, homes and steeling cars and boats for months. Would I walk at night in my neighborhood, yes, but I don't feel comfortable doing it.

Its funny how so many of my neighbors had no clue that there is crime in our area, which I have noticed for over a year now. They go to work, pull into their garage and don't come out of their homes many times. So they don't talk to their neighbors to hear what is going on in their hood. So when someone tells you crime in their area is low, take that with a grain of salt. They just may not have a clue, like so many people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_T View Post
I keep hearing from people I know who have lived in Miami that it is a disgusting trashy place with no character and is filled with crime. The other night I saw a presentation on CNN and they were talking about (I believe the Liberty City area) and how you can't go out at night because the crime is so high and how it's affecting Miami.

I guess in Liberty City they even let the traffic lights flash yellow so you don't have to stop (to prevent carjacking). Is it like that all over Miami? What is the real scoop?

Daniel_T

Old 03-10-2008, 04:38 PM

70 posts, read 243,608 times
yes Miami Dade County is nasty and their politicians are corrupted....i wouldn't dare live there unless i was rich and can afford a mansion or something...

Old 03-10-2008, 05:39 PM

534 posts, read 2,408,227 times
I was a victim of my first bodily injury related crime a few weeks ago. I was mugged while a police cruiser was parked ACROSS THE STREET. They did catch the CHILD, but from what it looks like, I will have permanent affects, while he won't even do jail time. I have had 2 cars stolen, house broken into, cars vandalized, etc. BUt its different when you are walking down the street robbed, beaten, and knocked unconscious. Things change. I didn't like this city before. I like it much less now. The police officer (city of miami, couldn't have been nicer to me), said the last time he saw what happened to me happen (1 week before), they guy went home dead. So i suppose I was lucky.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:17 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
Its really sad that you can't walk down the street (any street) and feel safe anymore. I look over my shoulder everywhere I go. I don't leave anything in my car, I don't want to attract the wrong people. When I am at the pump, my wallet in the trunk now. I can go on and on, but I guess this is what we have to do here to protect ourselves.

Last edited by doggiebus; 03-11-2008 at 09:50 AM..

Old 03-12-2008, 06:23 AM

15 posts, read 124,585 times
Then I guess you have lived in detroit and dc too? I am not stating my opinion on places that I have heard about on TV, I have LIVED in these places. There is a big difference between living in somewhere and visiting somewhere. I am not saying that there is no crime in other big cities. I am speaking from experience, though, and also from talking to a lot of people that live in these places.
Traci

Old 03-12-2008, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theten View Post
lets see miami is mostly hispanic and cuban areas are alwyas good and clean so if its mostly cuban than that means guess what most of hte city is clean and nice and safe.... only the balck areas are bad which are smaller.
which miami are you in? cuban areas always good and clean? what are you on? only black areas are bad? can you be any more racist and stupid?

Old 03-12-2008, 06:12 PM

6 posts, read 14,466 times
i have never herad of or have seen a dnngerous or dirty cuban area.only Moderator cut: racist remarks ares are bad i think.

Last edited by 2goldens; 03-25-2008 at 12:01 PM..

Old 03-12-2008, 11:09 PM

96 posts, read 366,079 times
Gbug - I am so sorry that happened to you. Sounds awful.

I hear the DC and Miami comparisons so often...but let me tell you, there is no comparison. Yes, if you live in SE DC there is crime. But if you live in Dupont, Bethesda, Columbia, etc, there is not crime. The "bad areas" are truly where things are bad. And the good areas are...well, good. A micro example: if you live in SE DC, they won't deliver pizza to you and the customer service, and pizza itself, suck. But in Columbia, the pizza is there in 10 min, customer service is great, and the pizza is awesome.

The big difference with Miami is that there is crime/disorganization in the *nice* areas (Miami Beach). It seems like there is no safe haven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami