Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 07:31 AM

874 posts, read 891,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleygg View Post
I was always under the impression that a permit was not required to replace a fence in Miami-Dade County, Fl. My neighbor says that has changed... I can't find an answer in Miamidade.gov......Does anyone now? And can you show me where to find it???
Most fences do require a permit in Miami Dade. Fences and Hedges - Miami-Dade County

As with many things, enforcement is lax in many parts of the county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 09:40 PM

1 posts, read 819 times
complicated business. a permit is required to replace a fence unless after a hurricane and you have the newspaper article with the governor stating replacement of like and kind is allowed with out permit. then keep all the paperwork and the newspaper add as in a few years you never know what the case may be.

As for the building department knowing how how a permit close out may have been handled and how they will handle it in the future... lots of luck with out detailed paperwork showing exactly what was done and permitted and when. Just because it was done and approved does not mean a building official may not find fault with it in the future and if it can not be proven that, that was the permitted work than you are out of luck.
almost everything requires a permit. The nicer the area the more restrictions as in Coral Gables there is an Architectural Review Board to insure colors and style is acceptable. you gotta understand they are selling a branded community and control of non conformity comes with the brand.

A contractor can only give his opinion as to code, only the person who has the ability to sign off on the code paperwork and has the final say so as to interpretation, is the contractor that now has an inactive license and works for the municipality as an inspector who has passed the inspectors exam giving him or her the right to sign off on a given type of permit inspection, no matter how obvious you may think it may appear in the code book.

In the end, in heavily populated areas, cities NY Miami, Ft Lauderdal, we the people have let our leadership stray so far form the intent of taking care of its people to abusing them with its institutional authority over living close to one another and requiring certain minimum standards of living; that you can be homeless and that's ok, but dare you live in a substandard house or one that is below a given elevation or does not have roof straps; who are you to make those choices?

We must have expensive enough properties so that people can not pay them off and must have insurance & mortgages how dare you think any other way, we are civilized? and by the way who are you to think something that you made is good enough for your own use or something on your property looks good enough for you ....it is the neighborhood that must be taken into consideration not you the owner... the one paying the taxes... everyone else needs to be protected from you.... its public safety of course. It is for the good of the people, homelessness is better than shanty towns + it probably looks better to our out of touch commissioners as the vagrants scurry about and are mostly out of sight during the light of day. put of sight out of mind since our politicians don't mind it don't matter.

signed "The Builder"

Old 02-26-2018, 11:47 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,852,807 times
After the hurricane the code for fences was suspended. Not sure if it has been put back on but I hired a company that starts with ART and they took half my money, did a half ass job with subs from the Home Cheapo parking lot and then tried to get me to pay the balance. I reported them to the state, they tried mediation and the company refused to accept it. They actually owe me money because the work they did do did not cover the damage to my property they caused.

I was just happy to get rid of them. Be very careful when hiring a fence contractor. Get everything and more in writing. Trust no one.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 638 times
I am having a dura fence material installed in my property but my contractor requested that I pull the permits to make the job a bit less expensive. I have now applied fro a permit but the Miami-Dade permit office told me to be prepare to take a test when called upon to have the permit issued. Would someone know what question will be asked for me to provide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: