Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 09:40 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,683,836 times

Advertisements

While no cold fronts are expected any time soon I have noticed small, subtle changes in the early morning temps. I am usually in my car driving to work at 7am, so the sun is just beginning to rise this time of year and the temps outside are a cool 78/79 degrees! Where as just a week or so ago at those same time...temps were 80/81....that degree to two definitely makes a difference! Loving it.

It's mostly likely due to the fact that we're losing day light every day so the sun rises later and later...and therefore the temps im experiencing are probably the coolest it'll get right before Sunrise....at least in the Kendall area of Miami anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 07:15 AM

Looks like we have a tropical; system on our hands here. Been rainy, grey, overcast, ugh.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:02 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,936,564 times
It actually felt a bit Fall-like this morning, with the rain-cooled air and the sun blocked behind the cloud cover.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:50 AM

14,926 posts, read 12,119,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
Yes yesterday there was a lot more breeze that we have had in a long time. Since moving to cutler bay I noticed a different weather pattern then when I was in Olympia Heights, more of a early morning showers and a lot more breezes, but also really intense hot mid days.

I think it helped that it was over castes making it feel cooler. Which reminds me that October is not really the dry season as we get more of caribbean systems that brings us a lot more rain like in the case of Wilma and the no named storm.

I think the fall like weather begins to happen when night time temps dip down to mid seventies by say 8 pm.

Yup, it's this time of year when tropical systems form out in the western Caribbean, and they're often picked up as the head NNW by the cold fronts sweeping west to east across the US, (if the fronts dip southward far enough) and swept northeast into Florida. That's what happened with Wilma, as I recall.

I also remember the the temperatures went into the 50's at night for a couple days after Wilma went through Florida, which made not having electricity much easier, as it was cool enough to open the windows and get a great breeze.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Yup, it's this time of year when tropical systems form out in the western Caribbean, and they're often picked up as the head NNW by the cold fronts sweeping west to east across the US, (if the fronts dip southward far enough) and swept northeast into Florida. That's what happened with Wilma, as I recall.

I also remember the the temperatures went into the 50's at night for a couple days after Wilma went through Florida, which made not having electricity much easier, as it was cool enough to open the windows and get a great breeze.
I remember that exactly!
The day after Wilma came through (I was living up in Delray Beach at the time) the weather cooled down significantly. It was so dry and cool the days following Wilma, which did indeed make having no power more bearable. But because I was out of power for 2 weeks, it had gotten hot again, so the "cool down" lasted all of 3 days or so

Old 09-12-2014, 03:39 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,896,805 times
And the stars in those clear skies after Wilma!!! I've never been able to see the Milky Way here before but did then.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:10 PM

440 posts, read 516,980 times
Default Local Cool Weather Knowledge

Years ago, I moved to Key West in the early summer because it was really hard to find an apartment to rent when I was there during the winter season and locals told me to come back after the snowbirds vacated apartments and went back home.
During my first long, hot summer of living in Key West, the lady who owned the laundry I was cleaning my clothing at told me that cooler weather would arrive right after Columbus Day because that's when Columbus came to the New World and brought cooler weather with him.
I just laughed to myself about that belief but then when the laundry owner saw me absent mindedly watching my clothes tumble in the dryer, she said to me, "It's just like watching television, isn't it?"
Which got me to thinking, maybe she was right about Columbus bringing cool weather too.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:32 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,743,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
And the stars in those clear skies after Wilma!!! I've never been able to see the Milky Way here before but did then.
I remember when my parents would pul us all un expectedly, into a car late at night and we drove deep into the Redlands, and my mom would have milk and hot chocalte and hot Cuban bread.

They wanted us to see the harvest moon and the clearist night. My mom would drape a blanket on a storm ditch so us kids could lay down and watch the stars . BTW they did the same for when we were little kids in the farms land of pennsylvania and we wanted to see the city lights.

The fondest memories were of us as family watching the stars.... I think my parents are cool.

Val did your parent take you out to see the stars at night in the Redlands? Just curious.

Old 09-13-2014, 02:15 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,896,805 times
Haha - nope. Never did. I lived in NY for 11 years as a child and never got to go to the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty either. Can you imagine that??? My parents worked during the week and I guess they were tired and just mostly did errands on the weekends. My husband and I tried to be a lot more actively involved with our kids. They're all adults now and we still have board game nights and we're all going to Food and Wine Fest in Epcot next month. We're even going to do Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. The youngest one in our group is 19.

We've taken the kids to see stars. We see them down in the Keys. There's too much light pollution now in the Redlands to see lots of stars. We'll also go out to see fog and take pictures in it. There's a road out by Tamiami airport that you can park by a farm and even see owls if you time it right. We love to see meteor showers too.

You did have really cool parents, btw!

Old 09-16-2014, 07:48 AM

hows the weather down there these days? I've been n chicago on a work trip all week....and Fall has definitely started up here.... 52 degrees! omg.

come back to miami in 5 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami