U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 10:39 AM

712 posts, read 760,326 times

Advertisements

I'm under contract to buy a condo in the Kendale Lakes area, near 137th Ave and between Miller and Sunset.

People have told me that the traffic in West Kendall can be a total nightmare. I'd have to drive east in the morning for work and west to go home.

Here are my questions:

If I start work at 9, what's a reasonable time to leave my place? Is it that bad that I should leave before 8?

What's the best route to take -- Bird, Sunset, or Kendall Drive?

I've gone to the property after work and it takes me roughly 35 mins. Is the drive home from work a little easier than the morning drive?

How's traffic on weekends?

What is there to do in that area? Is Town and Country and the golf course pretty much it?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 10:47 AM

19 posts, read 16,102 times
It's horrible! I live on bird and 127. 137 is really bad going south in the mornings all the main streets are pretty bad going east in the mornings, especially those with access to the turnpike and the palmetto expressway. If it takes you 35 minutes I would say you have to leave an hour before maybe even more. Likewise, all of that gets bad in the afternoon going west.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:51 AM

Like I said I live on 127 and bird and I work in Doral by international mall. It's a 15 minute drive with no traffic if I take the turnpike, a 25 minute drive taking the streets. I work at 9 and with traffic I have to leave my house at 8:10, latest 8:15.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:51 AM

525 posts, read 495,444 times
It depends on where / how far away you work. That's what's going to determine your commute.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:00 PM

I work near 67th and Sunset. Would 8 am be a good time to leave?

I was also curious as to places to go and things to do in/near Kendale Lakes. I know there are the shops and restaurants at Town & Country on Kendall Drive. Anything else?

Old 10-16-2014, 12:10 PM

oh well 67th and sunset isn't that far at all. You should expect a 40-60 minute commute, depends on whether theres accidents and also when it rains people forget how to drive apparently. lol. I would suggest taking sunset because it's pretty much a straight shot and theres no entrance to the turnpike so theres less traffic. Also, in that area theres basically just town & country and the movie theater on 122 and kendall, they have a couple of restaurants there also. You can also go to Dadeland mall which is on 75th and kendall.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hehesheppy View Post
oh well 67th and sunset isn't that far at all. You should expect a 40-60 minute commute, depends on whether theres accidents and also when it rains people forget how to drive apparently. lol. I would suggest taking sunset because it's pretty much a straight shot and theres no entrance to the turnpike so theres less traffic. Also, in that area theres basically just town & country and the movie theater on 122 and kendall, they have a couple of restaurants there also. You can also go to Dadeland mall which is on 75th and kendall.
Yeah, I've been going to Dadeland for years and consider it one of my favorite malls.

As bad as West Kendall might be, I doubt it's as terrible as Doral. I can't stand that area. Ever tried finding parking at Dolphin on Friday and Saturday evenings? Not to mention the scads of trucks and warehouses out there.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:32 PM

1,731 posts, read 2,003,194 times
I'd use Sunset as well. A straight shot. As far as entertainment, it's pretty much shopping, eating and movies. There's the Blue Martini if you're into that. Indian Hammocks park if you want to do outdoor stuff. Check out MDC for some community events. I know they're performing Dracula this month, free. They also will have Jazz under the Stars - I think beginning of November? If anyone has kids, there will be a Halloween event on Oct 26th.

Here's the calendar:

Miami Dade College - Grid View

Old 10-16-2014, 07:14 PM

13,841 posts, read 18,797,523 times
West Kendall traffic is a complete nightmare going to and from work. GL

Old 10-16-2014, 08:51 PM

136 posts, read 341,749 times
A nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami