Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 11:13 AM

92 posts, read 110,139 times

Advertisements

Nosebleed seats are $95 ..Tickets _ Miami Hurricanes vs. Florida State Seminoles - Miami FL at Ticketmaster...section 426 Tickets $95...section 416 $264...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 02:03 PM

139 posts, read 275,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papillons2 View Post
In addition to the distance factor, I also think Sun Life Stadium has a very poor atmosphere for college football. It was built to accommodate baseball and soccer as well as football, and the seats along the sidelines are a long way from the field. It's not like FSU and UF where the crowd is right on top of the action. For that matter, it's not a good atmosphere for the NFL, either -- the Dolphins have never had much of a home-field advantage since moving from the Orange Bowl in the late '80s. There are 20,000 empty seats for almost Dolphin game, and half the fans who do show up are cheering for the other team if the opponent is from the Northeast or Midwest.

And let's face it -- fans in this market only support big winners. If the Canes were undefeated and in contention for the national title, attendance would be considerably better, but 7-5 and 8-4 seasons just don't cut it.
SunLife is simply too big and too far for the UM student base, and it is godawful hot early in the season. They need a smaller stadium (hopefully somewhat shaded) closer to the school that generates a better atmosphere. The AD was on the radio saying they had explored co-inhabiting a stadium with Beckham's potential MLS team. If constructed correctly, smaller stadiums can still be quite raucous and generate an exciting atmosphere. Examples include Louisville, and Utah and Oregon out west. But even 50,000 may be too big based on what I've seen at the UofM games.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:35 PM

253 posts, read 431,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obuma View Post
Nosebleed seats are $95 ..Tickets _ Miami Hurricanes vs. Florida State Seminoles - Miami FL at Ticketmaster...section 426 Tickets $95...section 416 $264...
It will be higher than that on game day. Already higher. Moderate seats high in the upper deck are selling for $150+.

I know many season ticket holders who are packaging their tickets to this game and selling them for higher prices than the entire cost of the season ticket itself. That's the occasional benefit of a hotly anticipated game.

The family sitting immediately behind us said goodbye at the end of the North Carolina game two weekends ago and said they wouldn't be back until the finale against Pittsburgh. They already had plans to sell the Florida State tickets. I'm sure Seminole fans will be in those seats. The prices rise sharply in the final days. Once visiting fans are planning to make the trip but are stuck for tickets they'll bite the bullet and pay almost anything down the stretch.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:39 PM

471 posts, read 617,223 times
Because most Miamians like real football, the sport played in Europe, Africa, Asia, and most American countries.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
It will be higher than that on game day. Already higher. Moderate seats high in the upper deck are selling for $150+.

I know many season ticket holders who are packaging their tickets to this game and selling them for higher prices than the entire cost of the season ticket itself. That's the occasional benefit of a hotly anticipated game.

The family sitting immediately behind us said goodbye at the end of the North Carolina game two weekends ago and said they wouldn't be back until the finale against Pittsburgh. They already had plans to sell the Florida State tickets. I'm sure Seminole fans will be in those seats. The prices rise sharply in the final days. Once visiting fans are planning to make the trip but are stuck for tickets they'll bite the bullet and pay almost anything down the stretch.
Those are ticketmaster prices,not what your friends are re-selling them for, and you wonder why locals don't go to hurricanes games in numbers anymore...$25 parking as well...section 416..ticketmaster $264..you need binoculars to see anything...

Old 11-12-2014, 07:17 PM

253 posts, read 431,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obuma View Post
Those are ticketmaster prices,not what your friends are re-selling them for, and you wonder why locals don't go to hurricanes games in numbers anymore...$25 parking as well...section 416..ticketmaster $264..you need binoculars to see anything...
Ticketmaster has extra fees. Stubhub may be higher at first glance but it's true the bottom line is what you see. I buy out of area tickets several times per year and Stubhub is invariably the best deal.

In that stadium I look for low upper deck, generally nothing above row 10 or 12 and preferably the first 6 rows. Once you get into the 20s in the upper deck it's simply too far removed. Low upper deck is the best deal, IMO.

Parking passes are selling for 40-100 for this game.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
Ticketmaster has extra fees. Stubhub may be higher at first glance but it's true the bottom line is what you see. I buy out of area tickets several times per year and Stubhub is invariably the best deal.

In that stadium I look for low upper deck, generally nothing above row 10 or 12 and preferably the first 6 rows. Once you get into the 20s in the upper deck it's simply too far removed. Low upper deck is the best deal, IMO.

Parking passes are selling for 40-100 for this game.
...yeah, that's my point.upper deck expensive but .lower deck/sideline seats must be super bowl prices..should be a good one,hopefully the canes can give them a fight or a fright..ABC t.v.Big screen 8p.m. and some cold ones for me....

Old 11-13-2014, 03:30 PM

26,867 posts, read 43,348,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
Because most Miamians like real football, the sport played in Europe, Africa, Asia, and most American countries.
More like because most Miamians (and Floridians in general) are "frontrunner fans" who don't support their pro sports franchises or UM football unless they're winning.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:40 PM

683 posts, read 847,540 times
I'm beyond confused on why the tickets for FSU vs Miami game is so high. In 2012, I paid $160 off of ebay, but I was on the 20 yard line row 9. Fast forward to 2014 and that same price is for the 400 level? That makes no friggin sense. The Hurricanes are a crappy. I ended up lucking up on stub hub and got a 30 yd line ticket row 2 for $220. That is still pretty high.

Old 11-14-2014, 03:46 PM

600 posts, read 750,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
I'm beyond confused on why the tickets for FSU vs Miami game is so high. In 2012, I paid $160 off of ebay, but I was on the 20 yard line row 9. Fast forward to 2014 and that same price is for the 400 level? That makes no friggin sense. The Hurricanes are a crappy. I ended up lucking up on stub hub and got a 30 yd line ticket row 2 for $220. That is still pretty high.
Well, both teams are better than they were in 2012. UM was 7-5 that year. This year they are much improved while FSU has the nation's longest winning streak.

Plus, it's an in-state rivalry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami