Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 07:45 AM

139 posts, read 277,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_TheBuilder View Post
Hello guys,

I'm a professional in my high 20's. My company is transferring me to its office in Downtown (One Miami Building). I currently live in Broward, but I'm looking to move to Downtown/Brickell/Midtown to save time on my commute. My budget is up to $2300/month for a 1/1, if I could get something for less then it'd be great, but I don't know if that is possible. Based on what I've read, it seems like Icon Brickell might be a good option(but I don't know if it would fit my budget).

My priorities in order would be the following:

1)Being able to walk/metromover to the One Miami building would be a big plus.(I know they have some condos at this building, so perhaps this might be an option? but then again I have read horrible things about the parking situation/valet in this building).
2)Access to the metromover is also a big plus.
3)Being able to sleep(I don't mind living in a building with college students as long as I can sleep from 11p-5a), major construction/nightclubs noise would probably be a deal breaker though.
4)I'll have to drive to Broward or Doral a couple of times a week, so having quick access to the highways would be nice too.
5)A nice view of the city or bay would be nice too, but not as important as 1-4.

I look forward to your suggestions!
You can get a decent place for $1,800, this is coming from someone that owns/rents out a place in the area. It might not be the ICON though. If you go to mid-town, I would imagine you wouldn't even need to get anywhere near the high-end of your budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 06:10 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,364,475 times
You can get a place for 1600 on flagler, in the heart of downtown at Flagler One or whatever that place is called. Down sides are no onsite parking and the units are SMALL. The master bedrooms are also oddly shaped.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:30 AM

1 posts, read 607 times
HI HurricaneMan,

Looks like you are very familiar with the Condo scene in Miami; I am from East coast and considering renting in Brickell. How would HarbourCondo work for a med resident? I noticed in the news that back in 2003, the building was deemed unsafe in some construction aspect and residents were forced to evacuate to do immediate restoration; can you please comment on this. Also any idea which of the condos do not fall in the Hurricane immediate evacuation zone??

Thanks, much appreciate the response!

Old 02-03-2015, 09:03 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,939,956 times
Not familiar with that particular condo. Address? If you're renting and the building is occupied and being marketed by a reputable realtor, I wouldn't worry too much about the building itself, but just be careful with the neighbourhood.

The hurricane evacuation zones are interesting. It used to be easy--west of US1 was not an evacuation zone, including much of downtown and Brickell and all of Midtown. But the new zones based on the latest models are not nearly as simple: Storm Surge Planning Zones - Miami-Dade County . Yes, it does look like downtown and Brickell have the same risk as South Beach, and Midtown is slightly less risky. Health district is still somewhat at risk due to its proximity to the river.

Note that we haven't had a hurricane warning situation under these new guidelines, so unfortunately it is not clear at all how they will be applied in actual future evacuations... but I do suspect many Brickell and downtown residents will be in for a surprise!

Old 02-03-2015, 09:44 AM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,190,056 times
If you enlarge that map you will notice the most at-risk areas are going south from Fisher Island. Key Biscayne and coastal areas south of Brickell are in the Red A zone. All of Miami Beach (incl south and mid-beach), Brickell, downtown etc. are in the next zone (Orange B).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami