Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 04:53 AM

131 posts, read 182,676 times

Advertisements

I do lots of flying for business and pleasure and there is no place like Miami International Airport for rudeness. It starts with the immigration and customs staff after waiting in a two hour line coming from Latin America. Continues with the TSA staff and then gets even worse with the staff in restaurants, shops and the airline staff themselves. I have never been treated so rudely by so many people in one setting.

If you type Miami Airport and rude in Google countless things come up. What's up with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 06:59 AM

106 posts, read 174,213 times
People these days are being treated like slaves by their own bosses/ corporations, this causes a domino effect. On top of all of this, we see how people are being indoctrinated via many means, to be rude and selfish. This is common behavior in others major over populated airports around the nation, not just MIA.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:47 AM

366 posts, read 517,200 times
no its a whole miami thing. customer service doesnt exist here in miami

Old 11-11-2014, 07:49 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,120,976 times
Fly into Tampa instead. Much nicer folks and the airport is the best!

Old 11-11-2014, 08:45 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,419,829 times
Hence why i go to Ft. Lauderdale instead

Old 11-11-2014, 09:27 AM

92 posts, read 111,782 times
Majority of staff are hispanic there,ask in english for tri-rail stop etc..they will answer in broken english or not at all,also it seems like you are entering a police state in airports these day's

Old 11-11-2014, 09:47 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
I too fly out of FLL over MIA. Even though I could drive 10 minutes to MIA, instead I drive 45 minutes to FLL. It just easier out of FLL and the people are nicer. I don't know what it is with MIA, if its the people that work there or if it's the people that fly in and out of MIA. This isn't a common thing across the country.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:47 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,939,956 times
It's definitely a Miami thing, not just a MIA thing. High rates of poverty, low pay compared with other comparable sized cities, and high cost of living do not help. On top of that, we unfortunately have issues with race in Miami.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:35 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
It's definitely a Miami thing, not just a MIA thing. High rates of poverty, low pay compared with other comparable sized cities, and high cost of living do not help. On top of that, we unfortunately have issues with race in Miami.
So you mean to tell us people are rude because they get crappy pay and live on basically nothing, so that means people who are wealthy or are who earn a nice salary are very polite people in this high-cost city, I do not see any correlation.

People are who they are not because of where they live or what they earn, there are people who are the most pleasant who live in the worst area of the town and have nothing while others who have everything are some of the unhappiest and rudest individuals and are some of the rudest people one can find. The people who have nothing feel fortunate to have work regardless of what they are earning.

By the way, there is only one race and that is the human race as Melanin makes up the difference in our skin color.So pass that along to others.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:57 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,007,002 times
I've never noticed it with CBP and TSA. Airline staff is eh, but its usually eh across the country. I don't eat or shop much at MIA but never had an issue before.

Customer service in Miami is a lower standard than other places. Agreed with that.

As for using FLL instead. Unless you are saving money or its closer I don't see the point. It's a subpar airport amenities wise, and just as crowded these days due to its smaller size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
Fly into Tampa instead. Much nicer folks and the airport is the best!
Yea after a stop in Atlanta and then a 5 hour drive to Miami. Makes perfect sense to get some nicer people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: