U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2014, 11:19 AM

58 posts, read 69,226 times

Advertisements

Be advised, the Vallet Parking at the Baru Urbano in Brickell, Miami, is stealing from its costumers' vehicles. It just happened to a few people I Know.

And even worse, the manager would scare people who call the police, besides being uncooprative.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:45 PM

2,888 posts, read 3,957,018 times
So I guess the manager is in on it too or does not want the bad publicity. Then again, if he doesn't want the bad publicity he should address the problem instead of covering it up.

I never leave my car with a valet. That just seems to go against common sense. Would you give your keys to a complete stranger and let them drive your car. The Valet is no different and if something happens the establishment is going to be uncooperative and deny any wrongdoing.

Last edited by straight shooter; 11-15-2014 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-15-2014, 09:20 PM

58 posts, read 69,226 times
Thanks for replying. One of the victims filed a police report and will talk to the owner, too. Let's see what happens. Hopefully, this club is not corrupted as Wonderland was.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:09 PM

135 posts, read 142,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aned View Post
Be advised, the Vallet Parking at the Baru Urbano in Brickell, Miami, is stealing from its costumers' vehicles. It just happened to a few people I Know.

And even worse, the manager would scare people who call the police, besides being uncooprative.
The Yelp reviews for this place are comical. The foreigners seem to keep this place in business. I noticed one of the Yelp reviews for the location in Midtown had the same complaint about stuff being stolen from their car.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:36 PM

9,322 posts, read 22,254,683 times
Thankfully they don't have valet parking at Duff's Buffet. The last time I went somewhere with valet parking only I took my roached out Dodge D300 with no power steering. The valet driver refused to get in it and made me park by the back of the restaurant.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:50 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,954,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Thankfully they don't have valet parking at Duff's Buffet. The last time I went somewhere with valet parking only I took my roached out Dodge D300 with no power steering. The valet driver refused to get in it and made me park by the back of the restaurant.
There you go drive a piece of crap car like Tallrick's and you park it yourself.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:25 PM

10,451 posts, read 10,326,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny118 View Post
The Yelp reviews for this place are comical. The foreigners seem to keep this place in business. I noticed one of the Yelp reviews for the location in Midtown had the same complaint about stuff being stolen from their car.
Lol, yea, the place is good for laughs. The customer service is poor, but you have to know how to talk to them, basically by treating them like the low wage, no skilled servers they are. When you show you have no care for them, they really do treat you good.

Not saying be rude at all, just indifferent to their presence. Do not wait to see if you are to be seated or not, do not wait for someone to come give you menus, do not wait for a server to come over. But really, once they see you walk in and blow right by them with not a care in the world, they pay attention to you.

I do not fall for that cover charge BS, first time I encountered that I thought it was a joke and laughed, I did not go in of course. I rarely have been there, just not impressive, just a good location and layout, everything is mediocre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: