U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 01:57 PM

4,825 posts, read 6,155,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
Not sound like a prude but it really does help to be Jewish there and believe it or not the Police favor us over gentiles.
oh surely it's a "chosen people" thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 03:49 PM

30 posts, read 25,440 times
Yes, it is. You don't know history?

Old 11-26-2014, 04:02 PM

2,888 posts, read 3,960,475 times
I don't think the police in Aventura favors them because they a Jewish. They simply favor them because they happen to be the local residents. It has nothing to do with religion it has to do with who is a local resident and who isn't. The local police targets the people that are not from there because that is what the city and the residents want. They want to discourage the riff-raff from causing trouble and discourage outsiders from feeling welcomed They also want to generate income but not at a cost to the residents. The police does not want to deal with the locals because they will be talking to the mayor or one of the cities other elected officials the very next day and the police department and the officer involved will take heat. It is not necessarily a police department problem it is more of a city hall problem. Remember, it is a small city and most of the residents are wealthy and influential, if they are not happy and allowed to do whatever they please they will gang up and vote other people into office. People that will work for them.

Last edited by straight shooter; 11-26-2014 at 04:12 PM..

Old 11-26-2014, 11:06 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,798,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
Not sound like a prude but it really does help to be Jewish there and believe it or not the Police favor us over gentiles.
same thing according to my aventura friends

Old 11-27-2014, 12:37 AM

30 posts, read 25,440 times
Most Condos in Aventura start at $600,000.00. So if you don't have the funds then move to Ocala.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:38 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,798,150 times
Aventura Mall is gonna be a madhouse this Black Friday! add traffic backing into US-1. One of the cons living here

Old 11-27-2014, 10:56 PM

3 posts, read 2,647 times
You can always walk to the mall if you live in Aventura (or bike or take the bus).

Old 11-28-2014, 11:10 AM

2,953 posts, read 3,586,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charinga View Post
You can always walk to the mall if you live in Aventura (or bike or take the bus).
Yep, this was always my approach. If there were sidewalks and (relatively) safe crosswalks and it is within a half hour walk and I have the time, I was walking (obviously, I did have my car when I lived in Aventura). If I wad buying something bulky that required a car, I avoided peak shopping hours like the plague. My advice is, if you don't live in Aventura, take advantage of the late store closing times, or go before lunch time. And head straight for the Macys or movie theater garage--don't bother to look for surface parking spots.

The busses get delayed and overcrowded even without the holiday traffic, so I wouldn't really recommend that, especially if you're going to buy stuff and will be carrying bags... They really need a train connection since the busses simply can't reliably keep up with the demand even when they're running every 10 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami