U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 08:11 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,913,162 times

Advertisements

Ah this nieborhood! my aunt and cousin live on 47th ave and in between 8th street and Flagler.... All of this area is Miami working poor, so if renting fine, if LNG term well we will see.

This area has been the same for nearly 30 to 40 years no major crimes but some break ins few and far between. Would I like to live there? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 01:47 AM

3,182 posts, read 1,457,671 times
it's not bad at all!

Old 09-26-2015, 10:19 AM

23 posts, read 15,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Maximo View Post
The area immediately east of 37th Ave bound by 16th St., Coral Way, and 32nd Ave. is a decent neighborhood called Coral Gate (I think). It is more modest and not as nice on the eyes but it is full of friendly families with limited entrances into the neighborhood. Further east of 32nd Ave. in Shenandoah gets more sketchy but improves as you get closer to Brickell.
Yes, thanks, I'm familiar with Coral Gate, but I really didn't care for it. Ironically, one of the things that turned me off was the very limited entranceways. They also seemed to have quite a bit of property crime there (vandalism, break-ins, auto thefts, etc.)

Old 09-26-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
Ah this nieborhood! my aunt and cousin live on 47th ave and in between 8th street and Flagler.... All of this area is Miami working poor, so if renting fine, if LNG term well we will see.

This area has been the same for nearly 30 to 40 years no major crimes but some break ins few and far between. Would I like to live there? No.
But that's not the neighborhood. The one I'm looking at is bordered on the west by Ponce and on the east by Douglas. It's only a few blocks wide and is part of the City of Coral Gables. The area that you're talking about, north of 8th St. but west of LeJeune, seems quite a bit different. My immediate concern is the area on and just east of Douglas because that is very near to the house that I'm considering. Nonetheless, I appreciate your input.

BTW, this is the house that I've been considering:

20 Montilla Avenue, Coral Gables, FL For Sale | Trulia.com

Interestingly, when I wrote my first post here three weeks ago, the asking price was $545k. It was reduced to $525k 10 days ago and was just reduced again yesterday to $499k. It still may be overpriced for the area though.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:01 PM

1,987 posts, read 949,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole D. Cocker View Post
But that's not the neighborhood. The one I'm looking at is bordered on the west by Ponce and on the east by Douglas. It's only a few blocks wide and is part of the City of Coral Gables. The area that you're talking about, north of 8th St. but west of LeJeune, seems quite a bit different. My immediate concern is the area on and just east of Douglas because that is very near to the house that I'm considering. Nonetheless, I appreciate your input.

BTW, this is the house that I've been considering:

20 Montilla Avenue, Coral Gables, FL For Sale | Trulia.com

Interestingly, when I wrote my first post here three weeks ago, the asking price was $545k. It was reduced to $525k 10 days ago and was just reduced again yesterday to $499k. It still may be overpriced for the area though.
Looks like the house has good bones with nice hardwood floors, etc. Kitchen could use some updating but otherwise not bad at all. I'll leave it to the locals to give you details about the area. But that specific street and the immediate surroundings don't "look bad" at all. good luck.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:51 AM

9,322 posts, read 22,249,468 times
Too bad the house listed has those eyesores in the background. I would be sick if I had to look at the ugly postmodern multi story building with a spanish tile roof plopped on top. The low quality remodeled bathroom is a real vomit inducer too. That 1990's kitchen is an insult to what was originally there.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Looks like the house has good bones with nice hardwood floors, etc. Kitchen could use some updating but otherwise not bad at all. I'll leave it to the locals to give you details about the area. But that specific street and the immediate surroundings don't "look bad" at all. good luck.
Yes, good bones. It's been difficult to find a good-sized house (2000+ sq.ft.) with decent-sized rooms to work with in this price range in Coral Gables. If I buy the house, I'll probably spend $50k - $60k on updating it, starting with the kitchen and perhaps a bath or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami