Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 07:07 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times

Advertisements

Must be an Anglo board....

Well I think it is great news. End the ridiculous wet food/dry foot immigration policy and the benefits Cuban exiles/migrants receive. Ends the obsolete embargo.

It will be great for our export business, particularly construction and related industries and maybe lead to tourism. Foodstuffs too I imagine. I could see American companies doing their usual investment in Cuba you see everywhere else in the Caribbean,(with Haiti being a limited example.)

I was guffawing a bit at the news watching some old Cubans explode over this. I was thinking if you really cared for Cuba so much you should have stayed and fought for it instead of running away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 07:34 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
This is awesome news and completely agree with you that this is long overdue.
The local 10 news station here in MIami ran an hour long segment about what this all means and they kept reporting "live" from this Catholic church.....I guess being that the current pope had his hand in this whole situation, but when they were interviewing the older Cubans coming out of the church....some were visibly pissed and I couldn't help but wonder if they've lost their marbles and are just crazy old people or if they're just that stupid....I dont get it.

The new generation of Cubans want this.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:57 AM

564 posts, read 747,067 times
Decades overdue, it was about time.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:59 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
More BS that means nothing. There's no way they are going to do anything with Cuba nor should they. I think that Cuba is better off without additional corruption from the US mafia. Cuba has set the example for sustainability that Miami will need to emulate when the current Fed pumped system fails. The crazy old Cubans will always oppose the Castro government because of what that dirtbag did to them. I hate Castro for the toilet flushing that he did in 1980 that killed Miami. However, the embargo is a joke and only serves to make Cuban cigars more expensive.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:15 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Who really cares??

Old 12-18-2014, 11:00 AM

683 posts, read 853,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post

Well I think it is great news. End the ridiculous wet food/dry foot immigration policy and the benefits Cuban exiles/migrants receive. Ends the obsolete embargo.

It will be great for our export business, particularly construction and related industries and maybe lead to tourism. Foodstuffs too I imagine. I could see American companies doing their usual investment in Cuba you see everywhere else in the Caribbean,(with Haiti being a limited example.)

I was guffawing a bit at the news watching some old Cubans explode over this. I was thinking if you really cared for Cuba so much you should have stayed and fought for it instead of running away.
If this is true then it's a real good thing. It's a shame America did this in the first place. It turned Miami into a non English speaking city.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:47 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post

Well I think it is great news. End the ridiculous wet food/dry foot immigration policy and the benefits Cuban exiles/migrants receive.
Maybe you should instead ask, how many of us actually give a crap about this whole thing?

And I highly doubt this will end wet foot/dry foot. Nor will it stop the continuous influx of Cubans into Miami.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:57 AM

653 posts, read 816,472 times
im cuban american, and I dont care

Old 12-18-2014, 02:36 PM

400 posts, read 515,640 times
Probably should be merged, this thread, to the already ongoing Miami/Cuba threads.

As mentioned in those other threads, You have to look at the age and period in time, when the Cuban Americans arrived to know how to watch their reactions and opinions, and I mean watch, because yelling, on TV, at the Versailles (restaurant) won't change the proceedings in progress, or will instantly pulverize the Castro brothers.

Cynical, perhaps, but realistic, the newer generations and general tourist important question is: "Can I go now and bring, authentic Cuban Cigars!!?? When?" Apparently this thing had been worked out for a while, Yes, up to a value of US$100 in cigars.

For me, dang, a couple of friends, in a loose plan, wanted to go and purchase a couple of Classical Cars.

Last edited by ElGuito; 12-18-2014 at 02:48 PM..

Old 12-18-2014, 02:54 PM

231 posts, read 462,444 times
As long as flights are cheap, I'd be down for a few quick weekend trips to the Island every few weeks. Get the first flight out Friday after work. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami