Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 02:50 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,375,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishwhat View Post
Yeah this neighborhood seems quite up and coming. Gives me too much of a hipster vibe though. And Wikipedia says the median income for residents of Winwood is under $12K a year which blows my mind. It is Wikipedia however.
There aren't too many residences there besides the old, lower-class homes sprinkled around the neighborhood. Not surprising.

I didn't like that article too much. Good intentions, and no offense to the guy who wrote it, but I couldn't help but when he mentioned that he was taking over the family business. God forbid Miami have a real economy that would allow the community to build a stronger foundation for downtown rather than simply being a playground for the wealthy living in overpriced high-rises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 08:00 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,979,819 times
I live downtown right off Biscayne and NE 2nd street. During the day and early evening it feels 100% good. On weekend nights is pretty busy too but no pt much after 2nd ave.

But late at night weekends or week nights I don't feel in danger but lets just say I would not want my girlfriend walking around even a block or two by herself.

It still has a lot of maturing to do. The homeless/better population is HUGE. And while I have even gotten to know a few of them and they are nice people there are so many who are overly agressive, and clearly have some major mental issues which make you not feel comfortable nor safe when walking near them.

All in all, I really like living here, glad I don't need to deal with Brickell traffic. And I feel safe almost all the time.

Old 01-06-2015, 06:38 AM

338 posts, read 554,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
I live downtown right off Biscayne and NE 2nd street. During the day and early evening it feels 100% good. On weekend nights is pretty busy too but no pt much after 2nd ave.

But late at night weekends or week nights I don't feel in danger but lets just say I would not want my girlfriend walking around even a block or two by herself.

It still has a lot of maturing to do. The homeless/better population is HUGE. And while I have even gotten to know a few of them and they are nice people there are so many who are overly agressive, and clearly have some major mental issues which make you not feel comfortable nor safe when walking near them.

All in all, I really like living here, glad I don't need to deal with Brickell traffic. And I feel safe almost all the time.
Good to know, thank you for posting. So traffic near downtown isn't that bad? How about foot traffic during the day? Does it get crowded and dense or is there plenty of space?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: