Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 06:41 AM

626 posts, read 1,239,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
The Redland area (just north of Homestead) or Homestead itself, is much nicer than Florida City. I would not recommend moving to Florida City at all! I have lived in the Homestead area since 1978.
Things have gotten that bad in Florida City?

I left Homestead in 2007 and for what I can remember, construction was going on all around the area. What were farming fields became what it is the Publix Shopping strip outside HARB, Waterstone, Venetia Garden condominiums across Homestead High, Keys Gate, etc.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 06:45 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,125,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholo57 View Post
Things have gotten that bad in Florida City?

I left Homestead in 2007 and for what I can remember, construction was going on all around the area. What were farming fields became what it is the Publix Shopping strip outside HARB, Waterstone, Venetia Garden condominiums across Homestead High, Keys Gate, etc.

The areas you are referring to are in Homestead, not Florida City. The part of Florida City along U.S. 1 (totally commercial) is fine. The area of Florida City to the west of U.S. 1 is not so good. I just would never recommend moving to Florida City.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:55 AM

626 posts, read 1,239,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
The areas you are referring to are in Homestead, not Florida City. The part of Florida City along U.S. 1 (totally commercial) is fine. The area of Florida City to the west of U.S. 1 is not so good. I just would never recommend moving to Florida City.
Thanks for the heads up .

I'm getting close to retirement and was thinking of the Homestead, Florida City, Leisure City area (not even considering Goulds or Naranja) as a possible place to hang my hat, but for what I have read so far, I'll have to do some more looking around. Miami was a possibility, but after my last visit, I decided against it.
Also looking at Saga Bay or Cutler Bay...still have a year to decide where it will be.
Would like to hear/read more inputs.

OP, sorry for the intrusion.

Thanks Y'all

Old 02-27-2015, 07:18 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,388,475 times
Default No Intrusion,

Particularly since I am in the same boat as you, comparatively speaking , except that I am already retired.
Thank you all.
I too...would like some more feedback from local folks, about areas which might be recommended by FLoridians just as you would, Cholo. Plus- warned which areas are not recommended. I prefer southern Florida . I always liked Cocoa Beach, also a very beautiful and sort of quaint little town.
However, two of the many of the times I have visited Florida, Cocoa Beach was cold, temperature wise,
in the winter time.
So , on our second visit it was about 60 degrees daytime, we packed up, left , drove all the way down US 1 to Miami on a whim ( a lot of fun that drive was) and it was very warm. I never returned to Cocoa Beach and always made Miami -THE -Destination. Cape Coral and Fort Myers areas were also extremely nice I thought.
I will look at some sort of crime stats, map for the areas to get some more ideas. Virtual-Word of mouth, so to speak, is best I think.
Thanks once again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholo57 View Post
Thanks for the heads up .

I'm getting close to retirement and was thinking of the Homestead, Florida City, Leisure City area (not even considering Goulds or Naranja) as a possible place to hang my hat, but for what I have read so far, I'll have to do some more looking around. Miami was a possibility, but after my last visit, I decided against it.
Also looking at Saga Bay or Cutler Bay...still have a year to decide where it will be.
Would like to hear/read more inputs.

OP, sorry for the intrusion.

Thanks Y'all

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami