Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 11:44 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times

Advertisements

I would be supportive if they were going to build a Thorium reactor there instead. Florida desperately needs high tech energy to be viable in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 12:20 AM

1,284 posts, read 3,895,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
Miami...where mega fantasy projects come to die. The Herald just did an article on all these grandiose type projects that never get off the ground.

I am doubtful about this one, in principle I am for it, but I agree with a previous poster that the parcel seems to small.

I wonder if they are just trying to get support/publicity/excitement for a glorified regional mall to be built there....and when all is said and done, there will be no submarine, or theme/water park....
I can't imagine just building another regular mall,this might work if all the entertainment of the waterpark,ski mountain and theme park are included.Just another mall seems crazy,Pembroke Lakes mall and Pembroke Gardens 5 minutes north,Sawgrass 20 minutes north,Dolphin and International 15 minutes south,I'm looking at this about being more about the attractions than the stores.It is true that people in Miami's favorite activity seems to be going to a mall but this location just seems to be too much in the middle where if you don't have something unique Miami people are just going to stick to Dolphin,International and Dadeland and Broward people to Pembroke Lakes and Gardens,Sawgrass and Broward mall.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:21 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I would be supportive if they were going to build a Thorium reactor there instead. Florida desperately needs high tech energy to be viable in the future.
Again in principle, great idea.

In practice, Floridians, and southern Floridians and the snowbirds and the political refugees from Latin America in particular, will import high tech energy from elsewhere in the US and other places. Like they do with almost everything else.

As you well know, it is primarily an economy based on wealth, old wealth, and not on production and income.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
I can't imagine just building another regular mall, this might work if all the entertainment of the water park, ski mountain and theme park are included. Just another mall seems crazy, Pembroke Lakes mall and Pembroke Gardens 5 minutes north, Sawgrass 20 minutes north, Dolphin and International 15 minutes south. I'm looking at this about being more about the attractions than the stores. It is true that people in Miami's favorite activity seems to be going to a mall but this location just seems to be too much in the middle where if you don't have something unique Miami people are just going to stick to Dolphin, International and Dadeland and Broward people to Pembroke Lakes and Gardens, Sawgrass and Broward mall.
Agreed. In my view at least, if it does not provide a single-day entertainment alternative to multi-day entertainment centers further afield, it is not worth it.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:49 PM

824 posts, read 1,177,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Not gonna happen anytime soon.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifloridafan View Post
Not gonna happen anytime soon.
Not as long as fiat money can be printed into oblivion. I was always hoping that someone would be producing micro nukes for commercial use. If I could, I would love to build a micro nuke for off grid living. They don't sell anything like that in any mall.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:17 AM

56 posts, read 69,022 times
This is Miami...beach and malls...everything else is wasteland...

Old 03-10-2015, 08:47 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,744,527 times
Nothing will be developed until the proposed developers sink money into means to get to their location.

If no ONE will ask for this then NOTHING will happen. Sorry Miami your are a tourist ***** town and no one is looking out for you. Sorry Miami we are the ***** of the nation and bankers..?npthing ever, I mean ever, happens for the people that live in it. Miami beach get the scraps.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:19 PM

Shopping Malls, Middle-Class Face a Bleak Future

What a great use of money created out of nothing.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:05 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
This is such a bad idea. I hope it goes nowhere.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:15 PM

They should call it Omni West!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami