Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 11:53 AM

471 posts, read 621,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatbob View Post
It's tough for non Hispanic ppl here in Miami unless money isn't an option. U can live anywhere if u got Money. With the high unemployment, high living costs and low wages it's not the ideal city to come build a empire in
The unemployment rate here is 6%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 07:56 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,865,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I lived in Miami from the age of 17-22 and spent about half of my time there plotting my escape to Boston. I have been in Boston for the past three years and I'm now 26. I live with my boyfriend of 4 years.

I want to move back to Miami and can't imagine my life without living in Miami again but he doesn't want to live there until he is in his 50s! He is 28.

He is willing to move to any city in the southeast that is not in Florida. He says he hates florida.

I go back and forth between being okay with that compromise to not being okay with it. I have even begged him to try Miami.... I told him I would even pay all of our rent and bills if he would try it. He still refuses.

I just can't imagine myself living in a city long term that isn't as multicultural as Miami. I don't feel at home in Boston and the other major southern cities seem nice but lacking in other cultures besides white southern folk and black southern folk. If it means anything I am hispanic and culturally jewish I also love Caribbean culture.

My boyfriend is my bestfriend and the love of my life and is the only thing keeping me from plotting my return to Miami. I can't decide if I should make a compromise or not.

Also if anyone knows of any cities similar to Miami please let me know!

I miss the beaches, the Caribbean culture, the food, the friendliness, the beauty, and warm south beach nights under Palm trees ☺️

Well is he your "boyfriend" for a reason? Why are you not married to him since you have been with him so long? I think you should examine your life and figure out what makes you happy. It appears that you are hedging your bets and are contemplating a lane change and are looking for validation. Life is hard and you have to make hard decisions. You are young and the sooner you learn to make them the sooner you will become an adult. Sounds harsh but only you can decide what to do. No one else can do that for you. But remember happiness is a byproduct of hard work. Sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't. You can't just find it or make it. If you truly believe what you are doing is correct only then will you be happy. BTW I can't wait to get out of Miami but have to stay here 4 more years until I retire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami