Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:28 PM

83 posts, read 287,423 times

Advertisements

I believe the point of my thread is not about "celebrities" and if we should care about them or not. The main topic of this thread was intended to be about "Miami the American Riviera", the favorite choice for many of the most exquisite tastes of the wealthy.

I wanted to point out that "because" many celebrities and rich choose Miami as their place to call home, I would assume that it's a good place to be and/or live.

I believe that when the rich & famous or rich & not famous choose a place to be, it's for a good reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 02:05 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
How about the famous but not rich? Wink wink .

Old 01-17-2008, 03:25 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,131,637 times
We have always said Miami is paradise for the rich....that is nothing new. But that doesn't mean it is a hidden treasure for the middle class and below...quite the opposite. Also, Miami is more about the bling bing type of celebrity...but in any event, Miami is the place to come if you are into the materialistic, flashy life style.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
How about the famous but not rich? Wink wink .
hey, nice smilie, wow good job,

Old 01-17-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
We have always said Miami is paradise for the rich....that is nothing new. But that doesn't mean it is a hidden treasure for the middle class and below...quite the opposite. Also, Miami is more about the bling bing type of celebrity...but in any event, Miami is the place to come if you are into the materialistic, flashy life style.
that's your opinion and I respect that. But for many, we'd rather be in a flashy treasure with beautiful people than in a swamp meth lab shack full of strip bars & hicks... i.e. like in Tampa.

Last edited by William Hamilton; 01-17-2008 at 05:18 PM..

Old 01-17-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Hamilton View Post
hey, nice smilie, wow good job,
To quote from yourself

Quote:
Hey Pal, let me guess, you're a Venus regular...
Hey, nice smile! Wow, good job! Contribute something worthwhile Moderator cut: changed to: *!#@%!

Last edited by mbmouse; 01-17-2008 at 05:59 PM..

Old 01-17-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
To quote from yourself

Hey, nice smile! Wow, good job! Contribute something worthwhile Moderator cut: changed to: &!#%!!
well, let me use the same questioning here, because I know of many people on this forum that would like to figure out your intentions are with the negative input towards the city of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.

Have you ever thought about why you invest all that time here?

why you don't you just relocate outta here? if you hate Miami so much and the area, why not just move out of the city?

I don't live in a place I hate, I like it here. That's because I'm here. I'm happy here, I love it here, I'm making good money here.

I can do the math for you if you are too busy bashing around and show you that you have wasted lots of hours and days in adding over 3ks of postings to this forum when you don't even like this city.

so why not just look for a part time job, in order to make some extra cash, then you can afford to move out of here, and consequently be happier in someplace else?

--

Last edited by mbmouse; 01-17-2008 at 06:00 PM..

Old 01-17-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
well, let me use the same questioning here, because I know of many people in this forum that would like to figurate out what's your intention on this forum and your negative input towards the city of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.

why to invest all that time here?

why not just relocate outta here? if you hate so much Miami, why not to move out of the city?

I don't live in a place I hate, I like it here.

I can make the math for you if you are to busy bashing around and show you that you have waist lots of hours and days in adding over 3k postings to this forum when you don't even like this city.

Get out of the chair, do something instead of complaining,

why not just look for a part time job to make some cash so you can afford to move out of here, and consequently be happier?

You might be surprised to learn that I make a solid income (at a young age at that!), don't live in Miami, throughly enjoy living in South Florida, dedicate many posts to facts that may happen to be positive (I was even trolled by a poster one time for being a "realtor" for this reason),joined this website almost a year ago,explaining my high post count, and if you like it here, that's good, because I do too, but your posts to me seemed outlandish and misleading, and I thought of you as a troll. If that's not your intention, I seriously apologize.

And also, you can enjoy living here without being blind to it's issues or personally insulting the rest of the country for being a bunch of "meth addicted hicks".

Last edited by compelled to reply; 01-17-2008 at 04:44 PM..

Old 01-17-2008, 06:18 PM

150 posts, read 426,177 times
Default I agree with Chelito

Quote:
that's your opinion and I respect that. But for many, we'd rather be in a flashy treasure with beautiful people than in a swamp meth lab shack full of strip bars & hicks... i.e. like in Tampa.
You were saying that it is Chelito's opinion that Miami is not so good for the middle class, but a lot of people are going to agree with him. It definately requires a lot of money to live comfortably here, and there is a lot of flash and bling. For the 350K that you said a middle class family can get a condo in Miami, I can get a huge house here in Tennessee. I grew up in Miami. There are nice spots, if you have the money to inhabit them, or live far, far out into suburban hell. But I still say that generally Miami SUX.

But, I'll agree with you on the Riviera bit. It's like the Cote d'Azure (I don't know how to spell that.) there is a lot of flash here and there is a lot of flash there. I've been to Nice, but not to Monaco or anywhere else. Of course all of Europe's rich have a yacht somewhere on the south of france, but again rent is expensive, just like Miami. Only, there the beach REALLY sucks. At least the area has history though. Not like Miami, which was nothing as near as the 1950's. I hate Miami, my parents will probably always live there, but I really hope I don't ever have to move back in with them. I'll just go home for XMAS break, the only time of year the weather is decent.

Last edited by Fawkes; 01-17-2008 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: add last paragraph

Old 01-18-2008, 04:15 PM

440 posts, read 1,494,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
Probably no other US city has an many celebrities besides NYC and LA, Miami has always been about the glitz and glamour.

I hardly doubt our celebreties could care less about Miami being poor, they live on artificial, private islands, or in gates compunds that resemble a tropical paradise. Also, most live somewhere else and just come to visit their homes here when on vacation.

So true my friend and the glitz is not really in Miami , but more so Miami Beach . Yes , these celebs live in a cocoon ... what about Fisher Island , a ton of celebs have getaway homes there and the place is so secretive and secluded you cannot even go there if you are the average Joe .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami