Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 04:48 AM

26 posts, read 32,898 times

Advertisements

So were talking car chases, shootouts robberies, homicides you know the drill!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 07:13 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
I've mentioned this incident before. I was traveling north on the 826 Expressway at 6pm on a Friday evening, going about 60 mph in the far left lane. We had just passed an exit and there was one of those digital construction signs saying that the 8th street exit ramp was closed. That's when someone a few cars ahead of me, in the far left lane, came to a full stop from 60mph. He then proceed to go back to the last exit. He made the 826 northbound come to a complete stop at 6pm on a friday night, just so he could go back to the exit. He crossed x lanes (can't remember how many lanes it was) of traffic and headed south on the northbound side of the 826 to go back to the exit. Crazy people.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:57 AM

604 posts, read 618,323 times
wow, that's hard to beat.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:03 PM

823 posts, read 1,125,799 times
Not really a crime, but still pretty crazy:
I had this woman park her car in my driveway while she was waiting for her kid to get out of the school across the street. I politely informed her that she couldn't use my driveway as a waiting area and she would have to move her car. She told me she had a "right" to use my driveway and she would call the police if I continued to ask her to leave. I told her to go right ahead and that I doubted any cop would see her side of the issue. She then said she would park in my swale instead. I told her no she wouldn't and pointed to the 75 lb hunk of coral that I had placed there to deter people from using that area for parking. This woman then got out of her car and with all maybe 100 lbs of her, started trying to push that 75 lb rock out of the way. Once I stopped her from attempting that, she finally gave up and drove away.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:20 PM

471 posts, read 621,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityKid-UK View Post
So were talking car chases, shootouts robberies, homicides you know the drill!
Spring breakers having sex at Miami Beach surrounded by families and children.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:29 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
A guy working the toll booth at Rickenbacker Causeway was singing while collecting tolls at same time, this was in 1987 while visiting Miami, I guess that is a little crazy.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:25 PM

400 posts, read 515,729 times
At the parking of a shipping and printing Company, which shares the lot with Miami U, a disheveled woman, in a Cadillac CTS asked me "How do you get out?"
Well, at the EXIT gate, put your parking ticket in the slot and the barrier will lift.
"Where is the parking ticket?"
As you come in, the machine gave you one.
She starts looking everywhere - it was wedged on the dashboard in plain sight. So she takes off, not driving straight.
I walk slowly making sure I have all my stuff to copy and print, and she comes running to me.
"It says I have to pay!"
Inside there is another machine where it tells You how much. So she gets the car and drives it over the curb, grass divider, pedestrian way and asks me in a louder voice, to go pay her ticket and to please help her drive the car off the divider and out of the lot.
HMMMM! She may not have been the owner of a fancy car and someone may have left the keys inside.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:03 AM

Yeah good stories, keep em coming. Also wanna hear not serious but FUNNY stuff you guys have witnessed around MIAMI!

Old 05-25-2015, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unquiltom View Post
Not really a crime, but still pretty crazy:
I had this woman park her car in my driveway while she was waiting for her kid to get out of the school across the street. I politely informed her that she couldn't use my driveway as a waiting area and she would have to move her car. She told me she had a "right" to use my driveway and she would call the police if I continued to ask her to leave. I told her to go right ahead and that I doubted any cop would see her side of the issue. She then said she would park in my swale instead. I told her no she wouldn't and pointed to the 75 lb hunk of coral that I had placed there to deter people from using that area for parking. This woman then got out of her car and with all maybe 100 lbs of her, started trying to push that 75 lb rock out of the way. Once I stopped her from attempting that, she finally gave up and drove away.
haha, some people huh!

Old 05-25-2015, 07:20 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,827,848 times
This was not in Miami, but in Margate. As I turned from US441 onto Sample Rd, I came across a roadblock with a bunch of cops standing behind their opened Crown Vics doors, pointing guns at me. I was afraid to sneeze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami