U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:42 PM

919 posts, read 1,213,080 times

Advertisements

Dave 037,

Good for you, It sounds like you will enjoy NC. What part of NC are you moving to?

I can understand your reason for leaving, I have to agree with you. Unfortunately, due to a variety of reasons, I am unable to make my move out of South Florida for about another 2-3 years, but boy am I looking forward to GETTING THE HECK OUT OF HERE!!!!!!

I do however, try to get out of town whenever I get the chance to escape the self-centered, arrogance, uneducated, uncivilized, congested, and over hyped South Florida. The problem is, when I get back from being out of town, all the negative aspects of South Florida is more noticeable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 12:46 PM

6,704 posts, read 10,813,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave037 View Post
My house in South Florida finally sold!!! I had to lower the price substantially, but to quote my father in law, I had to "stop the bleeding". This was the third contract we had on the home in 3 months and the pirce on each contract got lower and lower. We ended up $30,000 less than our first contract. The 1st buyers got cold feet in this market and decided to rent for a while. The second buyers were scum bags and after everything was signed, they told us that we had to pay $14,000 of there closing costs. I told them to take a hike.

My reason for leaving is not financial, as I have a good job and pension here and I purchased my home when it was still affordable. I am leaving because of the people....Plain and simple. There are things I dont like about South Florida, but I could live with them (traffic, zero lot lines, congestion). What I cant live with is the people. Too many thugs and rude, uneducated, and unethical people.

Good ridence South Florida. I will not miss you. I am looking forward to a much better quality of life and a better environment to raise my children in NC. My only regret is not leaving sooner.
congrats to you my friend. Wish you the best.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:53 PM

94 posts, read 312,559 times
Congrats! My family and I are planning to go to NC too! We are planning to locate to the Triangle Area. We are in a bad situation with our home too, but even if we end up with a lot less than we want, (need), we are desperate to make the change.

Good luck!

Old 01-25-2008, 01:06 PM

8,506 posts, read 16,502,710 times
I have heard a lot of bad things about North Carolina, but I hope that you find the lifestyle you seek. It is for sure that you would never find it in Miami-Dade County.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:05 PM

385 posts, read 1,359,998 times
that is why i don't like leaving dade, once you go anywhere else you realize that what you consider normal really isn't, it's actually pretty pathetic. some of my cousins from up north came here and laughed at the fact that most stores here don't have signs; rather the name of the store is written on the wall.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:24 PM

126 posts, read 241,116 times
Good Luck ,THERE IS GOOD AND BAD EVERYWHERE.But I hope you our very happy in your new area .

Old 01-25-2008, 04:15 PM

439 posts, read 1,051,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFlorida View Post
Thats great news for you. We lived in NC for a few years, the Raleigh area and then the Wilmington area. We hated it with a passion and love living in SFL.

But many folks like it in NC. Good luck with your move.

You gotta love it ..... with all of these bitter Floridians moving to NC it is only a matter of time before it ( NC ) becomes what they are fleeing . I cannot understand why someone would even post that they had sold their home and was moving to NC ... I thought this was an information forum and not a psychiatric sounding board .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave037 View Post
I live in NW Broward and sold my 3000 sf one story 4 bedroom house.

Nothing can make things better here for me. It is getting worse. That's why I'm leaving. And unfortunatley for you, many other good moral people are leaving for the same reasons. You can have your thug infested South Florida.

Thanks to all the well wishers. I wish you all well too.
Excuse me , are you implying there are no thugs in North Carolina ... does Charlotte ring a bell ... they do not call it the new Atlanta for nothing . Yes there are thugs in South Florida just as their are in every other state ... I avoid them and do not frequent places that they frequent ... just as you will do in NC ... glad you are happy that you are leaving .. all the best .. just seemed childish to announce it on City Forum as most of us do not care .

Good luck to you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan View Post
Miami is a great international city. Only prejudice narrow minded people don't like it there. Go to NC where there isn't a mix of people, or better yet Utah, you'll like it there and make Miami and even better place because of your abscense.

Since when is Miami all of South Florida .... I like very little about Miami , but I love other areas of South Florida , especially North Palm Beach and South Martin County ... these are not Miami and may as well be another world .

Last edited by mbmouse; 01-25-2008 at 07:23 PM..

Old 01-25-2008, 05:18 PM

2,750 posts, read 5,793,400 times
Congratulations, I know many people who have relocated out of Miami and are much happier. Some in TN, TX and NC. They get a lot more bang for their buck and the schools are better.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:43 PM

8,376 posts, read 20,524,066 times
What a very deep and profound post. Thanks for the intellugunt werds. Glad you can finally get away from all of those pesky minorities (we know that's what you mean) and uneducated people in NC (LOL!). Thanks for doing your part to make South Florida a better place. Leave it for all of the thugs like me.

I really feel bad for NC now. All of these self righteous "moral, good people" seem to be heading there in droves. North Carolina, god bless you, you are a beautiful state about to be ruined. I hate to say it, but judging by your posts, you really don't seem very nice at all. I'm not going to judge on education, but it seemed like you might not be as advanced as you make yourself to be in that territory either. So in essence, I don't think you have any business complaining about "rude, uneducated thugs", and don't know how much of an improvement you are going to find in NC on the latter two. Yes, Raleigh/Durham is a very well educated college town, but how about the rest of the state?

Last edited by compelled to reply; 01-25-2008 at 06:16 PM..

Old 01-25-2008, 06:26 PM

1,769 posts, read 5,692,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclehead View Post
No offense , but a few speak like that in North Carolina as well ... I worked for an electronic security in Raleigh called APEX and lived there for two looooong years ..... to each his own but I hated it .... good luck to ya .
I have lived in that area as well. While the environment is nice (the mountains and the like) it's just not the place for me to live. Like I mentioned in another post, the people that live there are very, very different from the people I've been brought up with in South Florida.

I would rather live in South Florida than in Raleigh.

Also, my friend moved to North Carolina... here's some quotes he told me they said to him:

"You ain't know what it's like to be from the South".
"Florida is nothing but a state full of Jews, ******s and Yankees".
"I'd like to hunt those Yankees down with my shot gun".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami